The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 30, 2004, 09:31 PM   #1
klondike

Re-Sale Value on a Surefire

Hello guys, just wanted to ask a few questions and get some honest opinions. I have a Surefire Model 500A forend light for my AR-15 that is in very very good condition and pretty darn new (about 3 months old) I was looking at the Knight's RAS's and was thinking of selling the surefire for the RAS. How much do you guys think I would b able to get for the Surefire? its in very good shape, still on first batteries and all. I paid about 480 for it brand new up where I live (alaska) Also, whats the availability on the RAS's? last time I checked they were backed up for quite a while. Now the important question, do you guys think its a good trade? Would I loose too much money? Is it worth it? I really like those RAS's but I dont want to loose a whole lot of money on this deal. Thanks in advance to all.
Old December 31, 2004, 07:03 PM   #2
klondike

Just wanted to bump this b/c I would really like to know what kind of figures I'm looking at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 1, 2005, 09:36 AM   #3
seb5

I recently sold my older, but perfect 500 without LED's for $350.00. It's not so much the worth as what you can get. Most people who have them are issued. It's a fairly small market looking for personally bought $500.00 lights.
Old January 3, 2005, 09:09 PM   #4
abelew

give ya $50 for it