The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 30, 2017, 04:17 AM   #76
drbill

I prefer 41 mag. in the wilderness. I have more then a .357 and less recoil then my 44 mag. If I need anything more potent I have my Sako.338 Win mag..
Old November 30, 2017, 05:41 AM   #77
CajunBass

Well, let's see.

It's a Ruger Redhawk.

It's in 10mm.

I can't think of a combination I'd have less interest in.

Oh wait! It's a Super Redhawk?

I didn't realize that. I have even less interest than I did before. Sorry.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old November 30, 2017, 08:02 PM   #78
jetinteriorguy

I don't think it will be replacing either of my Model 57's any time soon. Now, if I wasn't such a cheap brass rat, I'd love a 10mm in a semi auto. Preferably something in solid steel.
Old November 30, 2017, 08:14 PM   #79
saleen322

I got a chance to handle one in a shop. I was favorably impressed with the solid feel and balance of the revolver. Never had much exposure to the SBH but I have to say they look better in person than in pictures. The only thing that did not look too good was the price. It was not discounted much at $977. I would consider one now having handled it but not at that price.
Old December 1, 2017, 08:43 AM   #80
agtman

Quote:
I got a chance to handle one in a shop. I was favorably impressed with the solid feel and balance of the revolver. Never had much exposure to the SBH but I have to say they look better in person than in pictures. The only thing that did not look too good was the price. It was not discounted much at $977. I would consider one now having handled it but not at that price.
I wonder how much it would weigh when scoped?
Old December 3, 2017, 11:30 AM   #81
Irit8ed

agreed...
Old December 3, 2017, 12:20 PM   #82
Ricklin

Also agree, how much additional for an axle and wheels?
Old December 3, 2017, 05:49 PM   #83
agtman

Quote:
Also agree, how much additional for an axle and wheels?
Good question ... which also needs to be asked regarding a .44Mag SRH. And if you scope it, how much extra weight?

Whether the cylinder is chambered for 10mm, .44Mag, or 454 doesn't matter. It's the extra bulk of the SRH frame that matters.

The 10mm chambering should've been done on the RedHawk frame, which would have been sufficiently strong for the inevitable conversion to 10mm Magnum.

Last edited by agtman; December 4, 2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old December 3, 2017, 08:16 PM   #84
saleen322

Quote:
The bases are built in so no additional weight for them but the included rings are steel plus whatever the weight of the scope you chose. I really did not think this was heavy picking it up but there seems some who think it is heavy. The Ruger website lists the weight at 54 oz. I was wondering what a quality, large frame revolver weighs (not X frame size) so I got out 2 of my large framed revolvers I shot silhouette with in days gone by. Two large framed Dan Wessons in 357 SM and 375 SM weigh 61.8 and 62.2 ounces respectively. These are 8" barrel silhouette guns with iron sights. The 375 does have a rubber grip but other than that they are stock. Now I was really curious so I got out my small frame Dan Wesson 22 LR, again no scope, and it weighs 54.4 oz so a 22 is 0.4 oz heavier than the Ruger 10mm revolver. Maybe the Ruger could be considered heavy when comparing to Tupperware but not when comparing with real-deal steel large-frame revolvers.
Old December 4, 2017, 08:35 AM   #85
agtman

Quote:
Quote:
The bases are built in so no additional weight for them but the included rings are steel plus whatever the weight of the scope you chose. I really did not think this was heavy picking it up but there seems some who think it is heavy. The Ruger website lists the weight at 54 oz. I was wondering what a quality, large frame revolver weighs (not X frame size) so I got out 2 of my large framed revolvers I shot silhouette with in days gone by. Two large framed Dan Wessons in 357 SM and 375 SM weigh 61.8 and 62.2 ounces respectively. These are 8" barrel silhouette guns with iron sights. The 375 does have a rubber grip but other than that they are stock. Now I was really curious so I got out my small frame Dan Wesson 22 LR, again no scope, and it weighs 54.4 oz so a 22 is 0.4 oz heavier than the Ruger 10mm revolver. Maybe the Ruger could be considered heavy when comparing to Tupperware but not when comparing with real-deal steel large-frame revolvers.
WOW! Thanks!