The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 4, 2015, 10:33 PM   #1
peggysue

My New KSG

Got my KelTec KSG in yesterday...burnt bronze

Last edited by peggysue; June 7, 2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old June 5, 2015, 10:53 AM   #2
peggysue

Added a KalTec pump grip stop, aluminum flip up sights and have a single point sling pin coming for it.
Sweet shot gun.
Old June 5, 2015, 06:35 PM   #3
Hi-Brass

Very Nice! I'm not normally a fan of tactical guns, but that it one cool shotgun. How does the action compare with traditional guns like the 500 or 870?
Old June 6, 2015, 11:09 AM   #4
peggysue

Feels the same on the action however it is a 26" gun so one must adjust.. IT Was only $695... I have more than that in my Mossberg 500 with mods. Don't even bring up $$'s in my Saiga 12 and all it's mods back in 2001. ALl in all the KSG a hell of a gun. Also Shorter than my old genuine Mossberg Bullpup.

Last edited by peggysue; June 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old June 7, 2015, 05:23 PM   #5
Hi-Brass

Not bad. Honestly, I'd consider getting one if it weren't so hard to find in my neck of the woods. Definitely like the color. In a world full of black guns a tan or green one really stands out.
Old June 7, 2015, 05:54 PM   #6
Tucker 1371

Just about every gun shop in my neck of the woods has one or two of them now. Haven't seen that burnt bronze before though, that is cool!

I have one in black. If you can find them your KSG will feed aguila mini shells flawlessly, and that will give you a capacity of 22 slugs or 24 buckshot, or 23 half n half (my preference).

I HIGHLY recommend getting an extended tube selector switch, makes switching tubes quickly a breeze.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe
Old June 13, 2015, 07:36 AM   #7
peggysue

I HIGHLY recommend getting an extended tube selector switch, makes switching tubes quickly a breeze.

i am thinking about it Tucker
does the extension cause an accidental switch to the middle and turn it off>
Old June 13, 2015, 07:57 AM   #8
redrick

It looks like something from Star Wars . I would have to try one before I could say I like it or not .
Old June 13, 2015, 01:01 PM   #9
Model12Win

Im usually not a fan of bronze guns, but this looks AWESOME.
Old June 15, 2015, 06:20 AM   #10
peggysue

Tucker... I gave in on the extended tube selector switch and have one coming..
Old June 15, 2015, 08:57 AM   #11
skizzums

Those have got to be the coolest gun to come out in the last 5 Yeats. Totally unique concept, now it has been imitated several times. Go to YouTube and find the vid on the KSG vs the bullUTS and youll find several videos showing that the KSG is not without its problems. I am hoping they have most of these issues worked out and yours is a runner. Just don't be shy to hound Kel-tec to male it right if its not. Find yourself a cheap source for aguila minishells and have a blast, and don't forget to hit that mag switch when your tube is dry.

Great find, give us some honest-to-goodness reviews when your get it to the range/woods whatever, would love to hear about their feeding now that they have had a couple years to iron it out. What an innovative shotgun. Congratulations
Old June 26, 2015, 05:27 PM   #12
Grumpy_Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzums View Post
Those have got to be the coolest gun to come out in the last 5 Yeats. Totally unique concept, now it has been imitated several times. Go to YouTube and find the vid on the KSG vs the bullUTS and youll find several videos showing that the KSG is not without its problems. I am hoping they have most of these issues worked out and yours is a runner. Just don't be shy to hound Kel-tec to male it right if its not. Find yourself a cheap source for aguila minishells and have a blast, and don't forget to hit that mag switch when your tube is dry.

Great find, give us some honest-to-goodness reviews when your get it to the range/woods whatever, would love to hear about their feeding now that they have had a couple years to iron it out. What an innovative shotgun. Congratulations
mine feeds great, even aguillas, too bad I cant find any more. id love to find a good source period, let alone cheap...
Old June 26, 2015, 09:40 PM   #13
Carne Frio

Good thing, that hand stop. Here is gruesome
image, allegedly caused by a KelTec Shotgun.
http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtrib...Tec-injury.jpg
Old June 27, 2015, 03:06 PM   #14
Creek Henry

How does the gun balance? I know it is not a hunting weapon but could it be used om skeet?
Old June 27, 2015, 06:28 PM   #15
FITASC

Quote:
How does the gun balance? I know it is not a hunting weapon but could it be used om skeet?
Maybe in your backyard - most regular clubs won't allow it and the swing dynamics won't be that great; not really what it was designed for.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa