The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 8, 2008, 07:13 PM   #26
control4

bullet lube

I may be off the wall here but I remember one time having bullet lube in the
bullet seat die. This caused the bullet to turn slightly when pushed in making a
bulge in the case.
Old April 13, 2008, 09:22 AM   #27
vagunner

Dedon I am using the powder through expander die. It fits inside the Powder measure tube. I also went and ran some fired brass through the decapper- RESIZER die and it was anywhere from .474- 478 before reszing. After resizing it was at .471 +- .001. The powder through expander is a set belling of the case mouth .....it will not let you bell the case mouth too much. If you get the PTE you can do away with the expander die in one station. I have mine set up like this Station 1 (decap and resize), Station 2 (Powder through expander and powder drop), Station 3 (Powder cop die), Station 4 (Bullet seating die), Station 5 Hornady (taper crimp die). I have not figured out on here how to quote some one so I hope I answered your question. If you need help let me know. Floyd
Old April 13, 2008, 12:54 PM   #28
DEDON45

Vagunner, that's precisely what I plan to do; I've already gotten the taper crimp die, just waiting on the powder thru expander. Thanks for the input!