The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 7, 2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Purdue_XD40

Lots of individuals have an XD series, but here are some helpful things concerning t

Lots of individuals have an XD series, but here are some helpful things concerning th
I have had my XD40 for a few weeks now, and after reading the forums, I have come up with a few things that I know others as well as myself will benefit from.

I appologize if they are elementary, but I would like to know how to perform them using my XD40 so i have a strong shooting foundation.

I realize that you need to have a good trigger pull, i dry fire to practice, but is it supposed to be an even slow pull then release slowly, or is it supposed to be a steady quick pull and a quick release? i would like to improve my accuracy because i hit the bullseye, but then some go to the bottom or somtimes far top left. i know its most likely the trigger pull, can anyone explain how to properly pull a trigger and the steps one should take to get a consistent pull?

The stance? I basically stand with left forward and right foot at about 70 degrees or so, i shoot right handed. i stand pretty much 90 degrees, and i read somewhere that leaning forward is for rapid fire.

anyways i know i am going to get flamed for asking such elementary questions, but i didnt recall seeing these speciaically answered the numerous forums that i have through.

thanks

Springfield XD .40 4" black Service Model - 2 hi cap mags
Saiga .308 - 16"
Saiga 7.62x39 - 20"
Ruger P85 - 9mm
Winchester 12 Guage Defender - 7+1 - OOO Federal Buck