The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 18, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1
customf1

Remington 1100 Classic Trap with 30 in barrel

I just bought a mint Remington 1100 Classic Trap with 30 in barrel. I got a great deal on it. It's a little more upscale that the basic 1100 Trap. This is a very beauitful engraved gun with a gold american eagle on it , how proud I am to be an American and owner of this gun!! I am looking forward to shooting it very soon maybe sometime next week. We shoot trap year round here in the Chicago area. If anyone knows of this gun and would like to comment on it that would be greatly appreciated.
Old February 18, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2
charlie in md

It's a great buy and you should get thousands of rounds of shooting out of it. An advantage of this gun is that you can pretty much maintain it yourself. (Some parts tend to wear out / break after several thousand rounds, but all are easily replaceable).
Old February 18, 2013, 10:24 PM   #3
rcase1234

I also just got this gun. Only shot it a little but I am very pleased with it! I too, got a great deal on mine that I couldn't pass up. Beautiful gun! Enjoy
Old February 18, 2013, 10:44 PM   #4
JWT

Have had one for years. Now it's my backup gun. Great gun, very soft recoil, parts readily available but the O rings are about the only thing that generally needs replacing. Doesn't seem to be as many in use as there once was, still very capable guns.