The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 16, 2009, 02:45 AM   #1
credx2

One of the best gun in my collection Rohm RG 24

I went by my aunts the other day and she surprised me by giving me my Grandpa's old gun, a Rohm RG24 in the original box with the sales receipt, the half page two-sided pink paper manual and a box of "Revelation Super Range Cartridges". He paid $29.95 for the gun, $0.77 for the rounds and $1.24 in tax at a Western Auto store on April 9, 1968. He must have bought it used or dry fired as it has a turn ring on the cylinder but all 50 rounds in the box. The ammo and tax are the only things that have appreciated since.

My grandpa was a hell of a guy. He didn't know beans about guns but he knew a lot of other great stuff. He bought this one to have in the house for protection. He has been gone 30 years now and I still miss him. I own several high dollar fine firearms and grandpa's RG24 deserves as much a place of honor in my safe as all of them. This gun is priceless. I hope it gets passed down many more generations. Amazing how guns go up in value.

Last edited by credx2; May 16, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old May 16, 2009, 04:58 AM   #2
Daryl

I can certainly understand your sentiment towards the newly aquired handgun. The ones with memories are always the best.

My dad passed away on June 5. 2007, and I miss him a great deal. His estate is of yet unsettled, but I have his helmet from the fire dept he worked at. Little things with memories are priceless.

Daryl