The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 1, 2000, 04:17 PM   #1
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

I went out yesterday and ended up taking my shotgun for a walk. However, today was a different story. In PA, the bag limit is 2 birds. Both must be cocks in this region. I got both of mine in less then an hour.

My grandfather passed away this week. The weather was absolutely perfect. I can't think of a better way to pass grief then enjoying the outdoors and hunting.

Old November 1, 2000, 04:58 PM   #2
CD1

ArmySon

Sorry to hear about your granfather. Good looking birds, and a good looking over and under. What make and model is that scatter gun?
Old November 1, 2000, 06:28 PM   #3
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

The birds were really FAT! My they were eating well. I was skinning off fat forever. Now they're soaking in salt water.

The shotgun is a 12 gauge Franchi Sporting SL12. It's a sweet shooter with ported barrels. I like it better for field hunting then my Browning Citori White Lightening.
Old November 3, 2000, 01:05 PM   #4
Covert Mission

Son:

Sorry about your Grandfather. I hope he had a long and happy, healthy life.

Good work on the pheasants. My bro in PA tells me there's a shortage, due to loss of habitat (I wish there was some incentive for farmers to leave stubble and buffer zones). Lots of them here in MT, to I haven't gotten out after them...yet. Been deer hunting instead. Cheers.