The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 8, 2015, 04:41 PM   #26
tgace

"Fine motor skill mantra...."

I don't buy it as wholesale as it's sold. What about magazine releases? What about bolt catches on long guns? What about punching in radio freqs and co-ordinates while under fire? What about putting in an IV on a wounded soldier as mortars explode nearby?

You will do whatever you train to do fine under stress. Try do do something new/untrained or unfamiliar? Sure stress will @#$% you up. But I wager I would hit the slide lever on the pistol I carry all day long and train extensively with just fine.

Combat pick-ups of unfamiliar weapons is a meme in search of a reality IMO....

http://tgace.wordpress.com
Old April 9, 2015, 12:36 AM   #27
hartcreek

I was working on a Llama .380 a while back and it had FTF issues part of the time when using the slide release. Racking the slide eliminated the problem.
Old April 9, 2015, 03:13 AM   #28
GEARHEAD_ENG

My Karh will nose dive the round 9 times out of 10 by trying to use the sling shot method. The instruction manual explicitly states to only use the slide release. They make it large enough it's hard to miss on this pistol.

So not "all" guns will chamber with the slingshot/over hand method.