The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 14, 2011, 09:37 PM   #1
churchillman

carl Gustaff 63

I have this honey of a Swedish Mauser with Elite diopter sites....punches 3/4 inch groups open sighted at 200 yards! Question...In order to shoot 300+ yards open sited I need a diiferent insert in the front globe...these are competition sights on the gun but the front insert is TOO heavy and blocks too much light....I tried Brownells/midway and am unable to find the correct front inserts....any suggestions........ps...if anyone is looking for perhaps the greatest sniper rifle in 6.5 x 55 I defy anyone to beat this one......29"floated barrell and glassed action on a wanut ambidextrous stock with a target trigger and olympic caliber sights...all for $700 hand select 7 years ago...if you can find one....BUY IT.......thanks.....
Old April 15, 2011, 01:10 PM   #2
triggerman770

front sihjt inserts

you should be able to find them here: Champions choice : www.champchoice.com I got mine there. doncha just love that 63? mine is being put in a laminated stock I had made from a copy of the CG80. had a rail put on the bottom and adjustable cheekd piece on the comb.
www.georgiacarry.org
Old April 15, 2011, 01:51 PM   #3
churchillman

Triggerman

Thanks for the link........I rave about my CG63.......I had it hand selected and it has a pristine stock.......The gun was made in 1917 but was never fired....redone for the swedish military in 1972 with the upgrades .....again I believe it was never used....it has a perfect bore......It and I sent a fellow shooter home grumbling at the range when his scoped gun and handloads could'nt compete with this beauty......maybe he was mad because I told him the gun was not for sale! This and my Schmidt and Reubin are sick accurate...those Swedes/Fins and Chechs can really turn out a piece a century ago....the Germans did well too but their prices reflect that. These european guns are the true sleepers in the old time firearms industry......did I mention that CG63 shoots lass than 1/2 MOA with Wolf Gold ammo....$16/box....yeah baby..............
Old April 16, 2011, 02:08 PM   #4
triggerman770

yeah mine should be ready in a week or so for load testing gotta finish the bettplate fir and put a new finish over the laminate(had to clean up some dings from inletting the stock and bedding it) can't wait to try the new sierra 144 Matchkings. they are supposed to be better than the 142's.
www.georgiacarry.org
Old April 16, 2011, 04:06 PM   #5
hooligan1

Try Nuhmrich(mispelled) Gun Parts .com Its worth a try dude. They also may be hand made if you have a friend with this certain talent.?