The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 6, 2017, 12:52 PM   #1
Joe_Pike

Sig Sauer's Rebate (What A Huge Disappointment)

A couple of months ago I picked up a P220. It's okay I suppose, but I haven't been overly excited about it. One of the perks about the purchase, though, was a rebate for two free magazines and a pistol bag with purchase. I submitted my claim eight weeks ago today. I assumed they would be sending me the items in the mail like every other company does. Nope.

I get an email today from Sig telling me my rebate is ready and they give me a one time access code to get my items from their store. Well, I think this is a goofy way of doing a rebate, but I'll go ahead and play. I go to their store to get my items and guess what....SOLD OUT. I guess Sig is probably hoping I'll forget about the rebate, or lose the code or something so I don't collect my rebate. I thought HK was the only company that didn't like the civilian market.

Anyway, no more chasing a Sig rebate for me.
Old December 6, 2017, 12:59 PM   #2
David R

I got mine, it took some time.

I called the place doing the rebate. They said website trouble.

Just hang in there, back in stock, give em the code. They also want CC info.

I did it all. Mags and bag on the way.

David
Old December 6, 2017, 01:31 PM   #3
BarryLee

A similar thing happened to me on a P229, so I called Customer service. They apologized and ended up sending me three magazines instead of two. However, as you said, it did take longer than it should have.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old December 6, 2017, 05:43 PM   #4
xcc_rider

Problem is we all got the email today and everyone hit the website at once. My mags are in stock but the bag isn't. Except sometimes I look and it says in stock but when added to the cart is reverts back to out of stock so this supports the website issues claimed by them.
Not a big deal, I'll wait for them to be in stock and get my FREE items.
Old December 6, 2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Joe_Pike

I'm not quite sure I understand why they didn't do their rebate like Springfield Armory did. I've went through the process twice with SA for free magazines and after I submitted my rebate info online I had the first box of mags at my door in ten days and the second box at my door in seven days. That's how you do a rebate, even though that doesn't seem to be the norm.
Old December 8, 2017, 11:22 AM   #6
xcc_rider

Everything I want is in stock so I ordered mine today. Even got a free paddle holster for ordering two mags. The paddle holsters are on sale for $4.99 so I ordered one for my other Sig and it was included with the free shipping so no extra cost.
Everything (2 mags, pistol bag and one paddle holster) at zero cost to me so I'm more than happy with the rebate.
Honestly, I don't understand it when people complain about free stuff.... Even if it takes a while its still FREE!

You just need to keep an eye on the site for sales. A few months ago I got 4 40cal mags on sale for the price of one. Can't complain about that either.

Last edited by xcc_rider; December 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old December 8, 2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Joe_Pike

I'm not complainig about FREE stuff, I'm complaining about a poorly executed rebate offer. I don't have the time to check Sig's site repeatedly trying to catch stuff in stock that they should have just sent to me without the extra hoop to jump through. Every other rebate offer I have submitted, including Colt, has been hassle free.
Old December 17, 2017, 08:24 PM   #8
Joe_Pike

Well, I've tried at least a half a dozen times to get the rebate magazines at the Sig Store with no luck. I'm glad others had no problems with getting their rebate fulfilled, but I don't have time to constantly check the status of what Sig has in stock.
Old December 17, 2017, 11:30 PM   #9
xcc_rider

All my items are currently in Chino and will be delivered on Tuesday.
They'll make a nice early Xmas present for me.
Old December 18, 2017, 08:23 AM   #10
David R

Mine are here today.

David
Old December 18, 2017, 12:00 PM   #11
Joe_Pike

Well, I checked again this morning and still no magazines in stock. It's left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I'm going to sell the two Sigs that I have.
Old December 19, 2017, 09:22 PM   #12
xcc_rider

Got mine today. Two mags, pistol range bag, free holster and another holster for $4.99, all with no shipping charges.
Took the mags to the range today. My daughter and I used them in our SIG's and as is normal for SIG's, they all functioned flawlessly.

Nice early Xmas present to me...
Old February 28, 2018, 09:35 PM   #13
Joe_Pike

Sig is dead to me. Two months ago I got a hold of someone in CS at Sig and she took my information and told me that magazines for the P220 would be in around the middle of February and she would have them shipped to me. Well, I emailed her last week to check status and she basically gave me the big brush-off. She told me that she no longer worked in CS and that I would have to call them to take care of it. The problem is if you call them they immediately put you on an extended hold and you never get to talk to anyone. Sig could now be running a buy one get one free sale and I would skip it. Out of all of the rebates that I have taken part in over the years, Sig is the only one where I can't get any satisfaction.
Old March 1, 2018, 04:21 PM   #14
Lohman446

Its not FREE stuff. It was included as part of the package to entice you to buy something at the time and as such should be viewed as previously purchased. Free would indicate it was not used to entice you to purchase or in now way influenced your decision to purchase or the timeline of that purchase. Free would indicate it was thrown in after the purchase or not contingent on the purchase. Rebates, of whatever form, are not free.
Old April 5, 2018, 10:01 PM   #15
Joe_Pike

Here we are into April and still no magazines. I posted something on their Facebook page asking about the status of the magazines and they deleted it. Sig has horrible customer service and I will say that I will never even consider owning another one of their guns. I wonder if the military will get better service.
Old April 8, 2018, 10:03 AM   #16
COLTSFORME

Keep AT Them

I had the same delay problem . Called repeatedly until they arrived . Don't give up .
Old May 2, 2018, 12:49 PM   #17
Joe_Pike

Finally got the mags about two weeks ago and immediately sold the P220 after that. I'm out of the Sig business.