The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 21, 2022, 05:31 PM   #51
dgludwig

Quote:
I have always been a Python fan. It pains me to say so but the Korth is a better revolver. I do think the Python edges it out in the looks department.
Neither one compares favorably to a Smith&Wesson "Registered Magnum", in my estimation.
Old March 26, 2022, 11:50 AM   #52
jackmoser65

Closed minded Americans have a hard time believing that anything could be better than their precious Colt or Smith. The simple fact is that they are better. Just like a Freedom Arms is better than a Ruger, a Janz/Korth/Manurhin is a better made revolver than Colt, Smith and Wesson, Ruger or anything else. They're made to tighter tolerances with much more precise machine work and hand fitting. Their heat treatment is such that guns wear very, very slowly. Smith's are known to shoot loose with a few thousand magnum rounds, the aforementioned German and French guns do not. Yes, sorry but they are more accurate.

When you discuss cost is when things get interesting. People have no problem dumping a grand on a stupid smart phone that is worthless in 2yrs. They don't think twice about buying a new car every few years, which accounts for tens of thousands of dollars in lost equity. They might smoke two packs a day or drink a pallet of beer every week but to spend $5000 on a single firearm is just a travesty. One thing to remember, these guns are not made for rich people, they're made for people who can only own a handful of modern handguns. If you could only own one handgun, would you want it to be a $500 Ruger, or would you want something nicer that lasts longer?
Old March 26, 2022, 05:53 PM   #53
dgludwig

Quote:
If you could only own one handgun, would you want it to be a $500 Ruger, or would you want something nicer that lasts longer?
A Hi Point comes to mind-if only they made revolvers...