The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old November 5, 2019, 11:09 AM   #1
jrinne0430

Heads up Virginia! Political nightmare heading your way!

Call out to those in Virginia...This election will have huge implications that will affect Virginia for decades (more map re-drawing coming). If the anti-gun/anti-rights take both chambers, which they are very close to achieving, you will be facing hell for decades! Think just possessing a bump stock will make you a felon? Just wait to see what's literally coming for you in the middle of the night. Vote as if your way of life depends on it because it does!
https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation

Everyone get out today and VOTE!!!
Old November 5, 2019, 04:44 PM   #2
2ndsojourn

I couldn't view what you're referring to without registering to vote in Virginia.
Old November 5, 2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

True, that link isn't all that useful.
This is the link to the election results:
https://results.elections.virginia.g...lAssembly.html

That site will be updated as the night goes on.
Old November 5, 2019, 10:15 PM   #4
langenc

Didnt count em but Ds did very well.. Have to watch VCDL.com
Old November 5, 2019, 10:36 PM   #5
JERRYS.

the democrats now control the Virginia Legislature.
Old November 6, 2019, 03:43 AM   #6
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
the democrats now control the Virginia Legislature.
In July, Governor Northam called for an "emergency session" in the state legislature to ram massive amounts of gun control through. At the time, Republicans controlled things, and it went nowhere.

Now that the balance has changed, I expect him to convene another one, and with different results.
Old November 6, 2019, 04:10 AM   #7
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
In July, Governor Northam called for an "emergency session" in the state legislature to ram massive amounts of gun control through. At the time, Republicans controlled things, and it went nowhere.

Now that the balance has changed, I expect him to convene another one, and with different results.
well, there are a whole lot of conservative bar stool complainers...
Old November 6, 2019, 05:13 AM   #8
Spats McGee
Staff

My heartfelt condolences to gun owners in VA.
Old November 6, 2019, 08:25 AM   #9
jrinne0430

The first words out of the lefts' mouths last night and again this morning was gun control. These are not the southern conservative democrats of the past. Just wait until Jan for the fun to begin...I'm betting that there will be limited grandfathering for current owners.
Old November 6, 2019, 08:26 AM   #10
Bayou

Deepest sympathies to all of our 2D Amendment loving brethren who reside in VA...

Bayou
NRA Life Member
"Keep Calm and Reload"
Old November 6, 2019, 09:27 AM   #11
NJgunowner

VA is the new NJ.

Welcome to my world, you won't like it.
Old November 6, 2019, 09:38 AM   #12
Coppershot

Most folks in Virginia anticipated this result. The challenges to what will follow will be the subject of much constitutional litigation. But similar litigation has produced sparse gains in other states.
Old November 6, 2019, 10:50 AM   #13
osbornk

I'm in the western end of Virginia and you could see this disaster coming for years. Bloomberg and his similar minded folks spent millions and millions of dollars to convince the city slickers and carpetbaggers in Northern and Eastern Virginia to vote to bring about gun control and to have abortions up to when the baby is born.

On my end of the state, we didn't see any of their lying ads and our gun supporting and anti abortion legislators won their elections by margins of around 75% to well over 90%.

When the voters work for or are dependent on the government for their living or handouts, you can easily predict how they are going to vote.

WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA EAST.
Old November 6, 2019, 11:09 AM   #14
TomNJVA

Has Governor Northam defined "high capacity magazines"? I haven't been able to find the exact language of his proposed laws in a Google search.
Old November 6, 2019, 11:50 AM   #15
jrinne0430

The "high capacity" will likely be anything over 10rds. If the mags are banned, I doubt any grandfathering would last long. Maybe offer everyone to register them then shorlty later make another law having you turn them in (they will now know who has them). I am also betting on one gun a month, the really bad red flag, UBC, suppressor ban, etc.
Old November 6, 2019, 12:02 PM   #16
jrinne0430

osbornk, you are correct about the millions of dollars sent in by the gun control lobby. Living in NOVA, it is common to see candidates ride on the "will take on the NRA' mantra and the carpetbaggers eat it up. The demographics for this area is still rapidly changing...I have met only five people that are originally from VA.

Unfortunately, this train wreck of an election will negatively affect the entire state for decades.
Old November 6, 2019, 12:21 PM   #17
PolarFBear

OSBORNK: Hey "western" Virginia made a split from the east. Why not do it again! NE TN welcomes our soon to be refugees from the North. Never have understood how West VIrginia legally became a state. Perhaps other segments of states need to consider a secession to more friendly similar minded folk. Northern NY, Northern CA, Northern FLa, Western NC??? Any more?
Old November 6, 2019, 12:56 PM   #18
osbornk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinne0430 View Post
The "high capacity" will likely be anything over 10rds. If the mags are banned, I doubt any grandfathering would last long. Maybe offer everyone to register them then shorlty later make another law having you turn them in (they will now know who has them). I am also betting on one gun a month, the really bad red flag, UBC, suppressor ban, etc.
The Governor came out this morning and said the election was all about gun control. He said his agenda (among other things) was universal background checks, red flag laws, magazine capacity, assault weapons, etc. I hope his crap gets tied up in court until I'm gone as I'm 72 years old. I might move 50 miles to where my daughter lives in Tennessee.
Old November 6, 2019, 01:01 PM   #19
jrinne0430

Quote:
On my end of the state, we didn't see any of their lying ads and our gun supporting and anti abortion legislators won their elections by margins of around 75% to well over 90%.
A lot of ads here. Also, the only ones I seen going door to door and handing out flier before the election was the left. They know how to mobilize and get people to blindly move like sheep...almost a mob mentality, but effective.
Old November 6, 2019, 01:28 PM   #20
heyjoe

Yet another former, "I'm glad that I live in a free state" state will be living with vastly changed for the worse gun laws. Virginia joins, washington, oregon, and new mexico in the recently changed category. Vermont, new hampshire and other states are also or onthe verge of going through similar. I wouldnt feel all that safe if i were in nevada, florida, or maine either. Welcome aboard to what we in the northeast and california have been dealing with for decades.
Old November 6, 2019, 03:02 PM   #21
osbornk

A night after Democrats gained control of the legislature, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said gun control will be number one on the General Assembly’s agenda when lawmakers return to Richmond in January.

Noting a change in the political landscape, party leaders told the AP that they predict a higher minimum wage and greater abortion rights. Political analysts said a spike in suburban voters switching to Democrats was the difference in this voting cycle.
Old November 6, 2019, 03:58 PM   #22
JERRYS.

people getting the government they allow.
Old November 6, 2019, 08:07 PM   #23
jrinne0430

Quote:
people getting the government they allow.
Problem is, this is spreading, just look at us in VA and what is happening in TX. The leftists’ numbers are increasing from within and from abroad that is brought in. Alabama is also in their crosshairs and is not safe from this.
Old November 6, 2019, 08:10 PM   #24
davidsog

I think a lot of this is the result of Obama era gerrymandering.
Old November 6, 2019, 09:27 PM   #25
rickyrick

It’s because their smartphone tells them what to do. If the media and the tech giants are continually allowed propaganda for one party, it’s going to continue.
Closed Thread