The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 20, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Wyoredman

Range / Chronograph Record sheet

I have been trying to figure a way to keep my chronograph data and my load data on an easy sheet that I can take to the range. This is what I came up with.

Check it out, let me know what you think.

I use this when I develope new loads, or change something. I print out a sheet and take it along to the range with me. I then record the data as I shoot. When I get home, I just need to insert it into a three ring binder that is divided by caliber.

Helps me go back through my range notes alot easier!

Feel free to print it out for yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RANGE CHRONY SHEET.pdf (24.9 KB, 619 views)
Old March 25, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Very nice. I like it.
Old March 26, 2012, 09:30 AM   #3
RobertInIowa

Quote:
Very nice. I like it.
+1
Nice Job.
Old March 26, 2012, 11:21 AM   #4
rclark

Nice job... Hope it works well for you!

But for me it is overkill. I simply have a 8x11 'cheap' notebook that I scratch in each velocity with a pencil in the field. When I get home, I enter data into a temporary LibreOffice spreadsheet to get Average, ES and SD and then put the results in a final spreadsheet where I keep all my load data. Targets are all cheap paper plates so easy to analyze at home, take pictures of them (if needed) and then toss as well. What I like about the manual method is you can eyeball the resulting data and 'toss' an obvious high or low or both that would skew the results ES and SD. That is why sometimes when I show data on-line you'll see 13, or 14 shots (instead of 15 that I normally shoot). FYI, 10 shots is a minimum for any chance that SD is a 'valid' statistic. More shots the better of course. Later, I will shoot a string of 30, for example, on loads that show real promise IF I feel it is necessary.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.
Old March 28, 2012, 02:30 AM   #5
meltonden

great form

Hi, new here thanks for the chrono sheet been doing a spread sheet but messy. Yours solves my problem thanks.
Old March 29, 2012, 12:13 AM   #6
NESHOOTER

Wymore, I like it also thanks for sharing, I just printed some out and will use them this weekend and good shooting to you and yours....