The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 25, 2011, 04:03 PM   #26
blincoln

Thanks!

Thanks for all the great info... I think I will look into a solid belt, an IWB holster, and some baggy pants till I can convince the wife to let me drop $500ish on a P238!
Old July 25, 2011, 04:43 PM   #27
1goodi

I've carried full size 1911 in the past and will do the same again as soon as Ruger gets off it's butt .....

I'm between 6-1 & 6-2 and had no problems. I prefrontal leather holsterz for the full size IWB.

Good luck
Old July 25, 2011, 05:31 PM   #28
anonimoose

blincoln,

If you are committed to carrying a firearm with a manual of arms similar to your Beretta 92fs (slide-mounted safety that you sweep up to fire which also serves as a decocker for the traditional double action/single action trigger), you may also want to check out S&W's third generation autos or the Bersa Thunder line. I started a thread about firearms similar to the Beretta 92fs here.

As for the Bersa, it's very affordable at $270-ish -- so no need to save $500-ish for that P238, especially when the latter will have a completely opposite safety system (frame-mounted that you sweep down to fire).

cheers,
Moose
Old July 25, 2011, 05:45 PM   #29
GONIF

With a good IWB holster (Blade Tech) and loose cloths you may get away with it to the UNTRAINED EYE . But it may still print enough for some to see .
Old July 25, 2011, 05:51 PM   #30
dgludwig

If anybody is looking at my bod that hard, I'd have to wonder what he's really looking to see.
Old July 25, 2011, 06:21 PM   #31
Don P

Should not be a problem to CCW a 92fs. Seems the members that get blown over when the pooch farts are the ones having difficulty CCW a 92fs
Meat and taters will solve that.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.

Tags
92fs , beretta , beretta 92fs , conceal carry , holster