The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 23, 2007, 12:25 AM   #1
billdeserthills

Avoid American Derringer, Waco TX

Sent them money for a new set of grips for my gun-never got the grips so I called several times. At first a lady would answer,told me my order would ship right away-never did.After later calls were hung up on, I called Texas Atty Gen's office was told their help was resrved for residents of the State of Texas What a load of Crap-These guys (Atty Gen) are protecting&allowing American Derringer to rip me off!
Old June 23, 2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Yankee Doodle

Sounds like it may be a case of mail fraud. The Postal Inspectors Office may be able to help you. I would also make sure that the folks at American Derringer are informed that you are filing a "Federal Complaint" The threat alone may settle the problem
Good Luck.

http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors...dComplaint.htm
Old June 23, 2007, 07:17 PM   #3
George R

Am Derringer

Right on, YD! In fact, you can download the fraud form from the USPS website. I've done this with a couple of deadbeats, filled out the form, mailed a copy to them along with a note saying if I didn't get payment etc etc I'd send it to the USPS. Got paid right away both times.
Old June 24, 2007, 12:35 AM   #4
billdeserthills

Mail Fraud Form

I want to thank you guys, I never had any idea about this. I even complained to the post office&they said nothing. Well I have printed out this form&I'm gonna have to make many copies. See I just received a phony "certified Cashier's Check" last week-Fortunately I investigated it before sending out the three Colt series 70 guns!
Thanks Again,
Bill
Old June 24, 2007, 11:01 AM   #5
Yankee Doodle

Please, let us know how you make out. Would be interested to find out if the PO boys are on the job, or just collecting their pay checks.