The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 22, 2021, 10:13 AM   #26
hounddawg

Good link there Bart, thanks for the info

Turned out there was no need to soak or clean the fired primers. All but 1 seperated the anvil separated on every one when depinned. Cups all weighed 220 mg plus or minus 1 mg, anvils all weighed 78 mg plus or minus 1 mg. I was not surprised that the numbers were pretty consistent. Most manufacturing processes are pretty exact when it comes to metal forming, less so in liquid measurement That means about 30 - 40 mg of material in each pellet. Nothing that will help reduce groups but just another piece of trivia to wow the boys in the back of the LGS

I received my 6BR magazine yesterday from MDT so I can finish my 6BR tactical build today and start load testing. After load testing I may repeat this on small rifle primers if the barrel turns out to be a tackdriver like I hope