The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old April 18, 2017, 11:42 PM   #1
AzShooter

April's Steel Challenge Match

I watched a training video from Rob Leatham, TGO about picking up speed and accuracy by holding the gun tight, point at the target and slap the trigger, in a simple way to describe his thoughts.

I picked up another 25 seconds, improving on 6 stages. I still need to work on Pendulum and Outer Limits. And it's time to prepare for the hot weather. Only hit 90 but it's supposed to be in the 100s this weekend. I need to bring more water and some refreshment to bring up my energy as the match goes on.

I did manage to win Super Senior rights and placed 4th overall in the Rimfire Open division. What an improvement, 171 seconds compared to last months 192 and my revolver times of over 250 seconds. No where near my best times before I got sick.

I was getting frustrated and ended up selling my S&W 929 revolver. I also sold my reloading press and all it's accessories to the same guy. That gave me enough money to invest in my Mark IV 22/45. Now I'm actually enjoying myself again.
Old April 19, 2017, 05:17 PM   #2
ShootistPRS

Glad to hear you are staying involved! As long as you are having a good time and improving you are way ahead of some.