The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 5, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1
thedudeabides

Good polymer stock

My 870 home defense came with one of those idiotic adjustable Blackhawk! (TM) KNOXX stocks with the rifle style grip and it just sucks. I've been wanting to convert it back to a normal polymer stock, but not a huge fan of the Remington (too small).

I was looking at either Magpul's stock or the Hogue rubber one.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old January 5, 2013, 10:53 AM   #2
dalecooper51

I have had a Davis speedfeed II stock on an old 870 Wingmaster for a number of years. This is just a standard black stock, no detached pg or shell holders. I bought it used off the bay and couldn't be happier. It has a much nicer solid feel than the synthetic Remington stocks. The stock pad wasn't awesome, but that's not overly hard to change to fit your preferences.

I don't know if anything has changed with the stocks or the company, but I have been happy with mine.
Old January 5, 2013, 04:33 PM   #3
BigD_in_FL

How about a nice wood version like they used to come with?
Should be available online
Old January 6, 2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Splice

I just ran the magpul stock for the first time a few days ago and it was amazing. I've got some video of it in this montage:

Old January 9, 2013, 05:42 AM   #5
ClydeFrog

Stock choices...

I'm not big on 12ga shotguns but I'd buy one or two if I could.
As posted, Hogue markets a few decent shotgun stocks. I'd also check www.deltaforce.com www.brownells.com www.ramlinestocks.com www.midwayusa.com .
Rubber butt stocks could be a good way to go. A Surefire foregrip is pricey but worth it for defense/property protection use; www.surefire.com .
Clyde
Old January 9, 2013, 08:29 AM   #6
jmr40

I like the Hogues on a 10-22, not much else. Too thick and chunky. Personally I like the factroy plastic stocks just fine, but if I were changing it would be mag-pul. Especially the forend. Have them on all my AR's and it makes a big difference.
Old January 11, 2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Sphawley

I think the new magpul stuff is really cool! However if you think that remmington stock is short you will definetly think that the magpul is short!! Its very compact, I assuming for the combat styling that they incorporate into most of their designs. Im a bigger guy and its a real struggle for me to comfortably hold one.

But they do look pretty cool!