The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 18, 2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Fingers McGee

Pietta 1851 Navy Carbine

There's one that just got listed on GB item #247285967
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old August 18, 2011, 03:16 PM   #2
OutlawJoseyWales

Wow, don't know what to say about that.
Kinda' like not being able to turn your head away from a carwreck.

I guess beauty would be in the eye of the beholder.
Unique fantasy Italian. But why make it a "brasser?" Being a carbine you'd think you'd want it to pack more punch. But again-unique.

OJW
Old August 19, 2011, 07:04 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

Marketed as a Schneider & Glassick Carbine, not many around. I don't understand the brass frame either. I may convert mine to a steel frame some day. I use 20grs of 3f with a .454 rb and it's a hoot to shoot.
Old August 19, 2011, 08:14 AM   #4
OutlawJoseyWales

Oh no,
NOW we are going to have a multi-page thread about "was the Schneider and Glassick Carbine" only a Confederate prototype, or was it put into production and we only have THIS one?" conversation.

But, it could have been!
For everyone you see, there's 14 more you don't see.

All jokin' aside, this is an awesome website, I drop by many times a day. Thanks to all you regulars, I've learned alot from y'all.
OJW
Old August 20, 2011, 08:41 AM   #5
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Oh no,
NOW we are going to have a multi-page thread about "was the Schneider and Glassick Carbine" only a Confederate prototype, or was it put into production and we only have THIS one?" conversation
Why should we, Pietta has made dozens and dozens of revolvers that never existed anyplace but the twilight zone.
Old August 20, 2011, 06:29 PM   #6
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Josey Wales
Oh no,
NOW we are going to have a multi-page thread about "was the Schneider and Glassick Carbine" only a Confederate prototype, or was it put into production and we only have THIS one?" conversation.
Nope. There are at least 3. MCB has one, I've got one, and there is this one on GB. There is a distinct possibility - given Allesandro Pietta's penchant for making fantasy guns - that there maye even more of them out there somewhere.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old August 20, 2011, 07:53 PM   #7
OutlawJoseyWales

madcrate,
I was alluding (unsuccessfully I might add) to the "running gun battle" that happened recently about "The Illusive Schneider and Glassick" confederate revolver. Actually was alot of fun to watch, and I learn something too.

Anyway, my failed attempt at humor.
OJW
Old August 20, 2011, 10:27 PM   #8
Fingers McGee

Josey,

As one of the participants in the late 'running gun battle', I thought your attempt at humor was at least mildly successful. I did use four grinning smilies in my response.