The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 3, 2014, 04:28 PM   #1
ammo.crafter

Redding Dies

Last evening I broke the primer punch/expander in my Redding die for my
.204 Ruger.

A Sunday night email to Redding received a return email Monday morning advising they had already sent me the necessary replacement parts... free of charge.

It's always nice to be on the receiving end of good service from a company that stands by its products.
Old November 4, 2014, 01:25 AM   #2
10-96

That's good to hear, a guy tends to remember great customer service for quite a while.
I bought a ram prime unit, don't want to mention any names, but it's initials are RCBS. The die unit showed up missing a part and the instructions. I called them up, esplained my predicament, and they said they would let the right people know. The next day I received a call from the guy in (apparently) the right department. He said he would ship the part and instructions right out. Two weeks later, I sent them an e-mail wondering if they'd been lost or forgotten. Got an email back saying they found my order and would see that it got put in the mail. A week or so after that, they showed up.

I like their dies, lockrings, and a few other of their items I have, but I guess I'll have to convince myself not to get into a big rush if I need their customer service.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old November 4, 2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Tom68

I have similar praise for Redding's customer service.

I had bought a .308 Win set and found that the two bullets that I wanted to use (110 grain "practice" bullet, and a Berger 150gr VLD) would not fully seat no matter how I adjusted the die. One call to customer service informed me that these particular bullet designs are outside the norm, and that I needed a different seater plug. The replacement was in my mailbox three days later, and completely free of charge.
Old November 6, 2014, 02:03 PM   #4
cw308

Have been reloading for 20+ years. Just started using The Redding Type S bushing dies, the die arrived, couldn't wait to try it , so I cleaned and relubed the die & bam the FIRST case got stuck in the die, on the down stroke I ripped the rim off the case. I felt like such an AH. Called Redding, they told me to ship the die back to them with 5 fired cases. They Removed the case Sized the 5 cases I sent to them to test the die. Shipped back to me no charge. Both Redding & RCBS are great companys with excellent products.

Last edited by cw308; November 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old November 6, 2014, 03:26 PM   #5
Reloader2

I've had great luck with RCBS and Lee customer service.