The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 25, 2020, 11:15 AM   #1
Pahoo

Ruger MK-IV, minor problem

Mods, not sure where to park this and perhaps Y'all are aware of this. I received this mailing from Voltquartsen and thought I'd pass it on. ...
Quote:
Unfortunately on the Ruger® MK IV™, heavy use can cause the Bolt Stop Cross Pin to work its way out and cause malfunctions. Our V-Lock Retainer is a simple fix to prevent this issue on both the target frame and 22/45™ frame.

Be Safe !!!
Old August 25, 2020, 08:55 PM   #2
Blindstitch

I hate that pin. Guess I have a part to buy. Always walks to the right on me. Was halfway thinking someone should make a drilled and tapped pin with a flat screw slightly larger than the hole to hold it in place. Didn't realize it was just a simple pin.

And it's ordered.

Last edited by Blindstitch; August 25, 2020 at 09:13 PM.
Old August 26, 2020, 09:13 AM   #3
wahsben

Thanks for the information. Any problem with the pin on the Hunter frame?
Old August 26, 2020, 10:27 AM   #4
Pahoo

I suspect it does???

Quote:
Thanks for the information. Any problem with the pin on the Hunter frame?
The article was listed the MK-IV, so yes, I suspect it holds true for the Hunter...
I did not post the picture but the "fix" part is just a metal clip. I'm a Ruger fan and really don't have a desire to own an MK-IV

Contact Volts and see what they say. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old August 26, 2020, 11:50 AM   #5
Schlitz 45

The Mrs has a Mk IV that I installed the Voquartzen competition kit in & that pin was walking out on hers too. Mostly we caught it but it came completely out once & I carefully made the retaining grooves on each end a bit deeper & it seemed to really lock in when replaced, plus I put a dab of red loctite on each end of the pin in place & zero issues since.
Old August 31, 2020, 09:54 PM   #6
Blindstitch

The video they have of the fix is way to easy. Then I realized the demo frame is gutless. Is there actually and easy way to do this or is it an everything out. I ordered an Apex trigger kit just in case. If I'm going to take everything out i'm going to put other things in.
Old September 2, 2020, 03:37 PM   #7
Blindstitch

My Apex trigger kit showed up today so I dug into the gun and I figured out my retaining pin problem. There was no pin retainer. I bought this new at Cabela's so nobody has been in it besides Ruger. And now myself.