The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 19, 2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Shooter 7.35

7.35 ammo

Hi - This may help some that have had problems with reloading for the 7.35 Carcanos. I just talked to the sales people at Hornady and they have started making their 128 grain, .300 jacketed bullet again, but they are making them for Graf & Sons only. It appears that Graf & Sons will sell them for as low as 24.5 cents per bullet...200 bullets ($25 minumum order), and that is full price, includes postage. In 1956 I bought two of the new M38 Ternis for 14.95 each and a wooden box of 1728, 7.35 military rounds. I think they are completely underated and I found them to be exceptional accuracte and just fun to shoot. It is also my opinion that the sights are just fine the way they are. It is just that one has to know how to shoot a rifle to use the sights. The original ammo has deteriorated to the point of just using the bullets and cases. The ridge in the case neck can easily be reamed out and reloaded with slight modifications, and I have found that the original powder in no way has harmed the cases - mine are just as shiny inside and out as when they were made (1939). But they have 'age hardened', and new cases can be purchased as well.