The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old March 9, 1999, 06:19 PM   #1
john steadman

I want to know if anyone knows of any problems that have arisen from the use of the Hellfire trigger system. I got one recently to try with my mak-90 and I was hoping to get some feedback. I have never seen anything written about these in a discussion forum, but then I'm new to this site.
Old March 9, 1999, 10:01 PM   #2
Daren Thompson

You do not need a Hellfire with an AK. It works without. Hold the gun with your left hand (at waist level) then stick your finger strait in the trigger gaurd. Bring the weapon into your finger(do not pull the trigger!!!!!) It takes some getting used to practice! practice! It is a poor man's legal machine gun I can fire a 30rd in seconds!!!!!
Later
Daren
Old March 11, 1999, 02:24 PM   #3
john steadman

Hey, does that work the same for a SKS. I have both. I'm not so worried about the SKS cause it only has a 10 round capacity now and I don't have any current plans to change it. It has a longer barrel (SKS) so I thought I would try to get used to it for more of a distance weapon.

------------------
stumpy
Old March 11, 1999, 06:04 PM   #4
Hairball

Yup, it works just the same with an SKS.

If you own a Chinese SKS, i suggest you DO NOT DO THIS. they tend to fail at the worst possible times and people have died because of them.

A Russain SKS on the other hand, you could drive a tank over and it would still work perfectly.
Old March 11, 1999, 08:56 PM   #5
Daren Thompson

I too own both,but have never tried it with the SKS. The SKS IMHO is more accurate and the AK is just a fun gun.
Later
Daren
Old March 12, 1999, 01:06 AM   #6
Jaeger

I just tried this with my SA 93 today. Holy sh!*! I was grinning like a school boy! I went through 2 30 rounders and a drum. A total and complete waste of ammo but what a kick in the shorts! When I was done I felt guilty and paranoid. I was expecting to be stormed by federal agents at any moment. No practical/tactical use whatsoever but what fun! I think I'm going to need to buy more ammo.
Old March 12, 1999, 04:33 PM   #7
john steadman

Hey Jeager, have you ever had drum hang-up on you. I have always stuck with the thirty rounders for the mak-90 because somebody told me once that they get jammed now and then. Has your been pretty reliable. alittle bit different equipment I realize but I'm still curious. thanks
Old March 12, 1999, 08:25 PM   #8
Daren Thompson

I have a 75rd drum and have had no problems. Watch the North Hollywood LAPD Bank robbery shoot-out. The BG has a full auto AK with drum his fed well

Jeager glad U liked it, now buying ammo is a bi@#$

Later
Daren.
Old March 13, 1999, 05:17 AM   #9
Floyd2U

How do you load/use a 75 rd drum magazine? I bought one and it didn't come with instructions.
Old March 13, 1999, 02:39 PM   #10
Jaeger

While I have never had the drum jam on me I can never seem to get all of the rounds to feed out. it quits when there is an outer ring of ammo left in it. Perhaps we should repost our drum questions in the rifle section.
Old March 14, 1999, 01:34 AM   #11
4V50 Gary
Staff

Here's something I pulled off the Internet a while back. Haven't tried it myself so I can't vouch for it.

"The Chinese 120-round AR15/M16 drum is very simple to use, same instructions to load and operate as the AK47 75 & 100-round drums. Excellent drum magazine, very reliable, as good as any other drum on the market. The 120-round AR15/M16 drum is also the highest capacity for the AR out there. It can be kept loaded forever, when you want to use it, just crank it up about 6 times and it's ready to go.

To load the drum:

Release the cover-clips to open the front cover.

There will be a spring-tension release button in the middle of the drum, pressit to release any spring tension, press hard if you have wound the crank. You will hear a loud snap of the spring releasing if there is any tension.

There will be a metal-follower that has to be in the very middle of the drum, this follower travels in a track so rotate it so that it is in the middle of the drum. When the drum is empty, it ends up in the feed-tube, so it must be returned to the middle of the drum before loading.

Once the follower is returned to the middle of the drum, which is the full-up position, open up your ammo boxes and fill it up with 120 rounds. Fill all of the spaces with your rounds. Once you have done this, turn the rotating follower to advance rounds into the feed-tube. If there are any empty spaces, fill and top off the drum.

Close the cover of the drum and crank the handle to put spring tension on the ammo to keep it from falling out. About 2 cranks will do. This is how you should store the loaded drum if you want one loaded. It can be stored indefinately, this way. When you need to use it, crank it up about 6 times and fire away."

Have fun and safe shooting.