The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old December 26, 2018, 05:14 PM   #26
ZVP

I really want one of those but fixed income poor
My trusty SingleSix will just have to do.
Kinda wish I'd have bought the 4" bbl 2 d Cade's ago instead of the 6" , but the 6" is just so accurate and powerful! A little hard to conceal though... well if ya ever need, I doubt concealment will matter?
I have .38 S&W HB model 10 for social work
Old February 27, 2019, 09:40 PM   #27
Richard Fromage

Quote:
Originally Posted by usr1987 View Post
After owning the 6 shot for a while and being solid, I purchased the 9 shot. I am having an issue with it. The gate when loading does not line up and you need to kind of hold the cylinder in place for the 22 mag. For the 22lr is ok but the ejector rod needs to be lined up for both. I called the support line and was told that is normal and I think is because the frame is the same as the 6 shooter. But also found an issue with the 22lr cylinder not locking on 7 out of the 9 notches and need to be advanced about 1mm to lock. I regret getting it

https://ibb.co/Csm6N5S

https://ibb.co/x6mKLFW
I hate having hold the cylinder in alignment to load, and especially unload (that is why I got rid of my Single Six). I want that cylinder to lock in place, and stay in place, when I punch an empty out with the ejector rod!
(Hope I am not annoying anyone by commenting on a rather old thread, but I just can't stand that characteristic in a single action revolver and am curious as to whether this trait bothers anyone else. As I said, I got rid of a Single Six because of this very reason, and the gun was otherwise very nice.) Thanks.
Old February 28, 2019, 08:45 PM   #28
Rev Bobby

I have had mine for 11 years and have only had problems once, with some Winchester white box ammo. Taught my 11 year old son how to shoot with it. Don't mind the safety since it taught him how make the firearm "hot" before shooting, something he needs to know when he moves to semis.
Old March 29, 2019, 05:29 PM   #29
TruthTellers

Got it today, shot a few rounds at the range. I want to convey to all that the 9 shot adjustable sighted Heritage is a fantastic revolver for the money. Wood grip to metal fit is acceptable for the price, except on the front where the grip is at least a 1/16th off in a spot. Good news is there's plenty of wood on the grip to work it down more flush.

Bluing on the barrel is great, cylinder not as good or glossy, but not terrible. Hammer isn't sharp at all, trigger is probably 5 to 8 lbs (guessing here), hammer pull is clunky but not stiff and I expect that to smooth out and improve over time.

One thing I'll mention is the .22 LR cylinder sometimes fails to be fully locked into place by the bolt stop, but that's if you pull back too easy on the hammer as the fourth and final click doesn't happen for some reason. If you pull the hammer hard and fast, then the lockup failure won't happen.

However, on the .22 Mag cylinder I experienced no such issues no matter whether the hammer pull was weak & slow or hard & fast.

For a $180 revolver, I don't think it's something to knock as the issue can be avoided when operating it correctly and it is an issue I expect to be worked out over time as the internals smooth out. If it doesn't, I'll let you all know and it will go back to Heritage for warranty work.

Plenty of power with the .22 Mag in a 6.5" barrel, no chrony data, but I'll say 1200 fps minimum with 45 grain Hornady Critical Defense, probably 1300 fps tho. The sights tho are the biggest positive to this revolver as they are fiber optic front & rear and adjustable. That alone is worth $200 IMO.

This is a revolver I would recommend and I think a 9 shot with a 3 inch barrel and bird's head grip would prove very, very popular.
Old March 29, 2019, 05:56 PM   #30
Ricekila

One week old - LOL

Μολών Λaβέ