The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 16, 2019, 01:26 AM   #51
stagpanther

Quote:
KKM is good quality but be sure it will always chamber your chosen ammo.
"Minimum match chamber" and all that nonsense.
That's a fact--I bought a 10mm KKM barrel and it took some chamber polishing to get the cartridge enough room to chamber, expand and headspace properly consistently.
Old January 16, 2019, 09:25 AM   #52
Jim Watson

To be fair, KKM does say they have a selection of reamers and if their regular chamber does not accept your ammo, they will recut to match.
Old January 18, 2019, 12:02 PM   #53
Tactical Jackalope

Hey there, friend! lol, I carried and will start doing so again soon, a Glock 34 with the Surefire X300U appendix! But in a T5 Custom Kydex hitchhiker.

Also, for barrels. Check out S3F, Silencerco, KKM, BlackList, etc.
Old January 20, 2019, 11:08 AM   #54
davidsog

You had an explosion. Your barrel just absorbed the energy so your body was not required to absorb any excess. Lady Luck was with you!!

A squib is a “Pop and no Kick”. Part of good training is recognizing a malfunction and taking appropriate action. This is why “Pop and no Kick” terminology was used instead of squib and the action to take (discard the weapon) were briefed at every training session.

It is rare and you got lucky. Glad it was a good outcome. Replace your barrel, drive on, and join “the few” who have experienced this malfunction.
Old January 20, 2019, 11:18 AM   #55
armednfree

I have a buddy that put a ZEV barrel in his. Very accurate, and since it uses cut rifling you can freely use lead.

Tags
squib kkm