The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 24, 2020, 10:57 AM   #1
andyg1960

Mantis X10 Elite

Picked up a MantisX10 elite recently. I have been using it for dry fire training for the last few days and I have to say it’s already helped me improve. I have some range time reserved for day after tomorrow so that will be my first opportunity to try it with live fire. Of course I’ve watched many reviews online prior to purchase and the majority are overwhelmingly positive I’m just wondering what this community thinks, any experience or thoughts you might have, etc.
Old October 14, 2021, 08:18 AM   #2
HighDesert

In today’s world, I’m surprised there haven’t been any replies to this with ammo shortage and all. Both the X10 and Laser Academy are excellent training tools. You can use both together in dry fire if you have two devices to connect to simultaneously. I saw a video where they may combine the apps or at least get them to work together, but still works fine with two separate devices.

With X10 and laser, you can draw, fire and see where you hit, Laser Academy will score speed and accuracy, and X10, all other parameters. Great tools. If it weren’t for them, there wouldn’t be much training. Our local shooting ranges are empty.

The Mantis systems used to be expensive, but far more reasonable worth today’s ammo prices.

The typical dry firing drawbacks still exist. Easiest with double action so you don’t have to keep racking the slide, etc., but works fine with any. Even if you have to rack a slide, it’s still practice for how fast you can get on target between trigger pulls.

They also have an AR adaptor which replaces the bolt and magazine, so you don’t have to keep cycling the charging handle. That’s sweet!

75% of reality to live fire is way better than zero.…great for crushing some bad habits. That’s likely the best benefit to the X10 and Laser Academy is just fun. Bring in a buddy to compete against and even better.

…real world results are pending an ammo windfall!