The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 22, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
osirus82

cabela's limits quantities.?

Hi all- so to preface this I still have not gone to either of the cabela's stores yet, i was looking online and saw a notification:

Cabela's is limiting quantities of ammunition and reloading supplies. This limitation, which will be lifted once supply catches up with demand, will provide the best chance for the greatest number of our customers to fulfill their needs. Orders exceeding the quantity limits will be canceled.

anyone know what the limits are? they do not specify online. thanks.
Old August 22, 2013, 02:06 PM   #2
steveno

as far as I know now Cabela's only had limits on 22 ammo. they had plenty of primers , some bullets and very little powder. this was the Kearney store
Old August 22, 2013, 03:45 PM   #3
kilimanjaro

Local store here had any 5 boxes of centerfire ammo, 3 boxes of .22, and don't recall any limits on shotgun rounds. A box was either a single or a brick, your choice.

At the counter, they didn't raise a peep about the 7 boxes of centerfire in my basket, but the gal did say they know who the hoarders are and watch for them.

They are getting orders for case lots online, so they are limiting quantities like in the stores.
Old August 22, 2013, 09:48 PM   #4
carguychris

I suspect that the reason the limits aren't stated online is that they vary from store to store.

Did you think about calling the stores? In my experience, you sometimes wind up On Hold for a while when you try to call the Cabela's gun counter, but the salespeople are usually helpful once you're connected.
Old August 23, 2013, 12:14 AM   #5
Bezoar

on the internet. the limits are

1 box of ANY rimfire per order per customer per day.

other calibers are 3-5 boxes per day per customer.

the biggest laugh is that when the rimfire ammo is listed as OUT OF STOCK, they say you can order 5 boxes per day.
Old August 23, 2013, 03:30 PM   #6
osirus82

cool, thanks all- im thinking about visiting the one in north denver~ and report back.
Old August 23, 2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Rembrandt

No bargain when you have to pay shipping on the daily limit of a 100 rounds of .22.........hope the limits get lifted soon.