The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 1, 2006, 05:18 AM   #1
Glock 31

Raise a toast to The Firing Line

I just want to say how impressed I am with how this site is run.

I cruise several forum sites at night, at work, when I have nothing to do. In particular I frequent The Firearms Forum in addition to this one. And the difference between TFF and TFL is blatantly apparent. The Firearms Forum seems to have no moderation whatsoever. They have threads and topics more closely related to the seventh circle of hell than they are to firearms.

To quote some of the threads;

Quote:
Yesterday, with no rain and just a very light wind, a pecan tree across the street decided to drop a huge limb on the neighbor's house. Actually, it wasn't a limb, it was a section of trunk where the trunk had forked. Local nursery/landscaper brought a bucket truck and crane to get it off the house, which took three or four hours. In working to get this chunk of tree off the lady's house, they must have loosened something, because ten minutes after they had gotten everything off her house, another chunk fell out of the tree without warning. This one landed right on the electrical wires leading to her house. By this time it had been raining for a while, so we had live electrical wires down on wet ground.

Talk about electricity gone berserk! We had
Yeah, like trees give warnings when they drop crap on people's houses.

and

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...nt=KITTENS.gif

are some of the examples. I mean I know general discussion means "general", but come on.

I'm not really knocking the site, i'm just saying we seem to have much more motivated and involved moderators running things here.

So thanks, and keep up the good work. Without you guys and this site, I might actually have to work for my paycheck.
Old May 1, 2006, 07:45 AM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

We'd rather you don't knock other sites here, Glock 31. TFF is a fine forum that just has a different set of rules for their General Discussion forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirearmsForum
GENERAL DISCUSSION
A Place To Discuss Any Topics At All.
Seems pretty clearly defined to me; anything goes, within the rules.

With that said, thank you for your kind comments.

-Dave