The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old December 11, 2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Nanook of the north

night vision rifle scope leagal in ny?

I was interested in doing some coyote hunting mainly at night in ny and I was wondering if it would be legal to have a night vision scope on my rifle? Also could anyone recommend and low cost Scopes?
Old December 11, 2011, 10:03 PM   #2
MTT TL

Yes it is legal.

http://www.hightechredneckincorporat...icle_a/138.htm

What kind would be best would depend upon your budget and the grade you are looking for. There are not that many manufacturers of night vision scopes available to the public.
Old December 15, 2011, 12:41 PM   #3
1776 Patriat

QUOTE: I was interested in doing some coyote hunting mainly at night in ny and I was wondering if it would be legal to have a night vision scope on my rifle? Also could anyone recommend and low cost Scopes?

Ummm, rifle "night vision scope" and "low cost" don't really go together. The cheapest you'll find one is probably through CheaperthenDirt.com I think I saw one (gen1) in there for around $600. It will probably work for what your looking to do with it. I'm surprised NY allows coyote hunting as we all know how they feel about the 2nd Amendment............
Old December 15, 2011, 04:15 PM   #4
jason_iowa

Hunting and second amendment have nothing to do with each other. There is no mention of hunting in the 2 amendment.
Old December 15, 2011, 04:35 PM   #5
BGutzman

In many states hunting cannot be done with a night vision scope... Im not sure about yours...

More stupidity in law....
Old December 15, 2011, 05:20 PM   #6
maestro pistolero

Quote:
Hunting and second amendment have nothing to do with each other. There is no mention of hunting in the 2 amendment.
Neither is self-protection mentioned. Any non-criminal use of firearms, including hunting, is within the scope of second amendment protection.

Tags
coyote , night hunting , night vision , ny laws