The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 26, 2017, 11:04 PM   #1
flyboy015

Anyone See any .22lr CCI Velocitors lately?

Hey all. Looking to pick up some CCI Velocitors, a "hyper velocity" small game ammo for .22lr, but I can't find it anywhere. I thought this whole .22 shortage was a thing of the past!

Checked Brownells and MidwayUSA, both are out of stock with no back order. Cabelas used to list it but as of five minutes ago, nada.

Any other websites you guys use to purchase ammo from? I bought my first two boxes of the Velocitors at Gander for $7.50, but of course they're out of business, and the only other shop around sells those suckers for $12. For a pack of 50...

Last summer I took five groundhogs in the garden down with that ammo, very excellent power (actually it's the most powerful at nearly all ranges, of any .22lr ammo I've seen, shot or heard of, including the stingers)

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated greatly!
Old October 26, 2017, 11:13 PM   #2
TruthTellers

gunbroker will probably have some, but you'll pay out the nose for shipping.

I'd wait. It's not going to be out of stock for long.
Old October 27, 2017, 04:35 PM   #3
Mike38

I'd like to know where any CCI went. Once this last "shortage" ended, my local WalMart had hundreds of boxes of CCI-SV. I haven't seen any for over a month now. Granted, they're available on line, but it's actually cheaper at WalMart.
Old November 1, 2017, 06:37 PM   #4
berettaprofessor

For Velocitors, check in-store at a Cabelas if there is one near you. The one in Kansas City had lots when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

As far as CCI, it must be a regional thing. Walmart here doesn't have them, but Cabelas and Academy are full of them.