The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 23, 2008, 11:34 AM   #1
jweste

S&W 629 sight change

Does anybody know how to change the front sight on a S&W 629 Classic PP.
I've been trying to find some info on the web with on luck. Also are there any manufactures that may make fiber optic rear sights? Or should I just put a scope on my new baby?
Old April 23, 2008, 02:48 PM   #2
jweste

The option for 629 classic PP

I guess I found my answer to my own question. To any one out there who owns or wants to own a S&W 629 Classic PP (power port). After talking to a few gunsmiths if found that getting a fiber optic front sight installed would be eventually melted do to the hot gas and to say the least a small ball of fire coming out of the Port. Make sense? Does to me. I was told they would do it but I would be changing the fiber rod offten. I just wanted my hunt to be more sporty. I didn't want to put a scope on it. Now I think I may. After all now I can try to get my antelope with it. If I can get with in 100 yards of those critters. Its never happend for me, not that close. More like 250 to 300 yards is the closest shot I ever made. Maybe it will be a challange with a scope after all. Any suggestions on a good scope???????
Old April 23, 2008, 04:43 PM   #3
Majic

That port will probably having you constantly cleaning the front glass of the scope.