The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old April 26, 2021, 10:31 AM   #1
ColdBlackWind

M107a1

Thanks for the add. My first post. I have been window shopping for a Barrett M107a1. I have monitored Gun Broker and notice a huge disparity in prices for ended ads. I always check completed ads as they seem to reflect market. My question is if there is a functional difference or has the model been upgraded in anyway to explain ads ranging from $8500 buy it now to $17,000? Thanks for any feedback.
Old April 26, 2021, 11:47 AM   #2
44 AMP
Staff

Welcome to tfl!

Gunbroker is an auction.

Get two or more people interested in the same item, bidding against each other, the price goes up and up.

It's not always a true, accurate representation of what an item it worth, it can be an example of how badly someone wants THAT item, NOW, and is willing to pay to get it right now.
Old April 26, 2021, 12:39 PM   #3
Shadow9mm

welcome
yes, gunbroker is an auction

for reference, impact guns has them out of stock, taking backorders for about $12,000 after a little google searching, 10,000 to 12,000 seems to be a roughly normal range for a new one depending on where you shop

impact guns link
https://www.impactguns.com/search-re...Barrett+M107a1
Old April 27, 2021, 08:58 AM   #4
ColdBlackWind

So on the technical side the Barrett, outside of color and barrel length, has not seen any significant upgrades that would cause a large price discrepancy? I know at one time an FDE Scar17 fetched $400-$500 premium just because of the color. Those things tend to settle out over time.
Old April 29, 2021, 04:00 PM   #5
ColdBlackWind

Missed one on GBroker today. Buy it now was $5719. FDE. Nice shape with case and documentation. I wanted to buy one in state from an individual but haven’t had any luck. Waited 30-40 minutes and went back to ad to pony up and buy it. SOLD. Noticed Gun Broker is charging sales tax even on used items. That sux. They also only provide fraud insurance of $500. Leaves the buyer hanging out a little.