The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 26, 2021, 01:04 PM   #1
hounddawg

Is Dillon a "budget "press

Joking of course but compared to these babies it is

https://www.markvii-loading.com/load.../101-1260.html

add in another $2K for the the autodrive, $400 for the case feeder and ?? for the priming system and we are talking some serious money

or just go big and tell the wife you just took out a second mortgage for your new press

https://www.markvii-loading.com/load.../101-1176.html

Now that baby would be worth some serious bragging points down at the range

makes me feel humble with my little Lee turret
Old March 1, 2021, 02:44 PM   #2
Sevens

Go big or go home!
http://www.camdexloader.com/2100Pistol.aspx

They don't list a price on their site and the FAQ section says "coming soon!" That means the FAQ doesn't exist, but the machines have been made for decades. I truly do not know what they cost. I have seen a used one offered now and then for $10 to $12,000. Makes me guess that a new one probably approaches $20 large, but I have no idea.

At the same time, I wonder if there are any discussion forums or group think sites for folks who own and run machines of this nature. Obviously, it's likely to be a for-profit small business that owns and uses something at this level.
Old March 1, 2021, 02:53 PM   #3
Sevens

Some folks say that the Camdex is nothing but trouble and that the Ammoload machine is the way to go.
http://ammoload.com/mark-x-loading-machine/
These guys also don't care to throw down a price on their website, they would rather you contact them.

I find these machine incredibly interesting, but I could never see me ever even pondering one beyond the basic interest of knowledge. I am the kind of guy that is DEATHLY afraid of taking something that I love and turning it in to a job or a business and absolutely murdering my enjoyment of it.

And feeding components to one of these as it spits out 4,000 rounds per hour makes my head burst.
Old March 1, 2021, 03:50 PM   #4
higgite

Quote:
add in another $2K for the the autodrive, $400 for the case feeder and ?? for the priming system and we are talking some serious money
Like they say, a billion here, a billion there and before long you're taking about a lot of money.
Old March 4, 2021, 02:48 PM   #5
T. O'Heir

Depends on who's budget you're talking about. That $3000 Apex comes with a lot of stuff, but you'd have to shoot a great deal before you "break even".
The 10 grand machine is for commercial reloading. That'd require a licence and a pile of liability insurance. Not to mention the lack of components.
Old March 4, 2021, 06:05 PM   #6
Shadow9mm

Yup, right there with the Lee lineup....
Old March 5, 2021, 01:17 PM   #7
oley55

compared to other progressive presses of the day, my two RL450's were definitely budget progressives. But by todays standards, pretty hard to consider them progressives.

what was the question again?