The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 5, 2001, 10:59 AM   #1
ChuteTheMall

Clay target Thrower? WTB?

What about those portable clay target throwers? Not the cheap plastic hand held ones, I want one that does not need a second person to launch targets.

Is the Trius one step worth twice the price of the Hoppes Clay King? Any others to consider?

My factors include low price, easy portability, ease of use by one shooter, sometimes on very rocky uneven terrain. I'm not a skilled wingshooter so I don't know much about the various angles and speeds involved.
Old November 5, 2001, 01:19 PM   #2
OkieCruffler

I've been using a cheap Hoppes clay king for the past 8 years. I've got it mounted on an old 15'' wheel so I can just throw it down anywhere and get to it.
Old November 5, 2001, 03:27 PM   #3
K80Geoff

I used to shoot at a local range that used Trius Traps on their sporting clays course. They worked just fine. Threw some good targets. The range is history unfortunately.

For informal shooting the Hoppes traps will work OK. If you start getting really serious you can always upgrade to better traps. The more expensive traps are more durable and can throw different sized targets and at angles.