The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 10, 2013, 01:48 PM   #51
Sevens

I watched that movie ONE time and the savage beating that her CO lays down on her was more than I could stand... even if she took it and gave it back as well.

I don't think of myself as squeamish but sometimes in movies I'll see something and know right away that I don't care to ever watch it again.

Actually, in the movie I listed above ("Eye for an Eye" with Sally Field), I don't watch the early scene with the older daughter and Kiefer Sutherland. I saw it the first time, it obviously sets the movie up, but I don't care to ever see it again. I'm sure I've seen the movie a dozen times but I've only seen that scene once.
Old April 10, 2013, 01:56 PM   #52
MLeake

On that note, Sevens, one of the worst movies for self defense by woman with gun is Reservoir Dogs, where the woman in the car chooses to draw on two carjackers who have the drop on her, and does not live to learn from her mistake. I have seen that movie multiple times, but do not re-watch the scene where the cop is tortured.
Old April 10, 2013, 07:04 PM   #53
Stevie-Ray

Cute as hell Rihanna took out an alien invader with a 5" deck gun in Battleship.
Old April 10, 2013, 08:24 PM   #54
reinert

Good movies with chicks using guns:

Madeleine Stowe, "Last of the Mohicans"
Candice Bergen, "Bite the Bullet"
Kate Mara, "Shooter" (hope there's a sequel)
Saoirse Ronan, "Hanna" (hope there's a sequel to that one too)

reinert