The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

View Poll Results: Would you trade 1994-style mag restrictions for more rights?
No, I would not accept any new restriction for repealing any existing restriction. 47 94.00%
I would trade a 20-round limit for repealing all NFA registration & trade restrictions (excl DDs). 1 2.00%
I would trade a 20-round limit for removing silencers, SBRs, SBSs from registration. 1 2.00%
I would trade a 15-round limit for removing silencers, SBRs, SBSs from registration. 0 0%
I would trade a 10-round limit for removing silencers, SBRs, SBSs from registration. 1 2.00%
I would trade a 10-round limit for removing silencers alone from registration. 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 24, 2012, 12:28 AM   #76
raimius

No, I don't accept trading in my rights.

I wouldn't accept trading Freedom of Religion for Free Speech either!
Old November 24, 2012, 12:53 AM   #77
K_Mac

Thanks shortwave

I was able to cancel everything and get a new debit card issued before any damage was done, I think. There was plenty of info in the wallet (wrapped and tossed into the wet towel hamper-I was lucky to get it back mostly intact) to make identity theft a possibility. I will monitor things closely and hope for the best. A public caning of the vermin if caught was exactly what I suggested to the officer who filed the police report. He did not think that would be allowed or that it was likely they would be identified. He was not opposed in principle though.

Thanks for the good words. It is so easy to focus on the negatives and lose sight of all that is right-in our lives and our nation. Our system of government is a messy business, whether it is RKBA or countless other issues, yet I am naive enough to believe that chaos and revolution are not the inevitable conclusion to the problems we face. Of course I could be wrong and will keep my ducky, bolt, and other guns just in case...
Old November 24, 2012, 10:30 AM   #78
shortwave

Quote:
A public caning of the vermin if caught was exactly what I suggested to the officer who filed the police report. He did not think that would be allowed or that it was likely they would be identified. He was not opposed in principle though.
...and he(officer) would be right.

This would not be allowed due to a history of 'compromise's' or 'common sense regulations' that have been usually lobbied for by some liberal organization and put into place by some liberal minded Supreme Court judge over the years to protect the rights of the criminal. Sadly, today, in many states the criminal seems to have as many rights as the victim.

Catch a criminal in the act of breaking into your house and hurt him physically, you very well may end up in civil court being sued for physical damages to him and paying the perp the rest of his life. Even after he was found guilty of breaking into your house in criminal court.
Again, the direct results of so called compromise to laws that are intended to make us a more 'civilized' society but do nothing but cater to the rights of a criminal.

If that the result of 'compromise' or 'common sense regulations' of laws for the supposed purpose of a more civilized society, count me out....

....and you've got the audacity to ask me to even consider the thought of making deals with my RKBA Constitutional rights? Please!

I need more coffee ,

Rant over.
Old November 24, 2012, 12:01 PM   #79
Tom Servo
Staff

The original question has been asked, answered, and discussed at length. At this point, we're just drifting off topic, so let's close it up.
Closed Thread