The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 11, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1
MrWesson

Phoenix arms Hp22a mods

Ive had this pistol for about 10 years or so and dont really shoot it anymore. I decided to clean it today and figured it was worthy of my attention.

These are good starter pistols that have a lifetime no questions asked warranty like highpoint. I will also say if you shoot the gun alot(10,000+ rounds) it will probably need to visit them for a frame crack.

Before we get into this I have to say MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK I have sent my gun for warranty work twice in 10 years with the mod with no problems but it may void your warranty.
Ok
The pistol has a silly assortment of safeties for example you are on safe, load magazine, remove safe shoot, back to safe, remove mag. This mod removes the magazine safety and allows drop free mags. http://www.pillarcom.com/index.php?P...f86416&page=61

Next the hammer safety is not annoying but will work itself loose after repeated shooting and cause the gun to not fire. my solution is red locktite under the switch.

thats about it just dont shoot hyper or even high velocity ammo or the frame will crack.

Gun makes a decent little range plinker with average accuracy(think p22) for around $100.