The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 7, 2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Ignacio49

Walther TPH: were there any Germany made .25 cal finished in Nickel or Chrome?

Hello,

There is one TPH .25 for sale (not in US). Seller says it is stainless steel and made in Germany. As far as I know the only stainless steel TPH’s were made in US, and the german ones were alloy frame and steel slide.

If I remember well somewhere I read about german Walther PPK’s finished in chrome or nickel. Maybe some TPH’s were too.

The seller sent me the pics below. The finish seems to be nickel, not chrome and not stainless, but it is hard to tell from these pics.

What do you think? Could this be an original german nickel TPH?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Old April 7, 2010, 02:27 PM   #2
PSP

If I had to guess I'd say it is probably refinished. The stainless TPH was made in the USA. Looks like the rear sight and hammer are original. Is the magazine blue, (it should be), or stainless?

What is the weight? The alloy TPH is a couple ounces lighter.

If they were ever produced in Nickle, I've never heard or seen of one.
Old April 7, 2010, 04:15 PM   #3
HisSoldier

Sure looks like nickle to me. Snatch that suka up! It's almost impossible to find one in the US. Here's a .25 ACP TPH in stainless, lot's of $$!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=164031746
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.
Old April 7, 2010, 04:32 PM   #4
mete

Looks like it's been refinished in chrome. Chrome is very white while nickel has a tinge of yellow and grey.