The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 9, 2009, 08:30 PM   #26
Wildalaska

Quote:
Pfffffffttt!!! Ya'll are so untactical. A situation like this is where a fat ninja like me deploys all the skills and training that a Pink Belt Flamboyitsu like myself has.
You should have swung your hips and strutted up to him saying 'Dahhling, isn't this a mahvvelous night? Sweetie, do you have a light for me? I am positively dyyying for a smoke after 2 hours in a stuffy theater! My how handsome and strong you are! I must have your number!'
Good point Spiff...I find that when I wear my Freddie Mercury garb and screech "Scaramouche Scaramouche will you do the Fandango" at anyone who approaches me whilst gyrating my hips causes most skells to run the other way

In the same vein, wasn't there anti rape advice that consisted of...well...fouling oneself? Or barfing...hmmmmm

What self respecting mugger would continue the attack after getting a faceful of barf, projectile style? Thats why I have patented WAs Self Defense Mixture, a yummy concoction of warm, stale Budweiser, Green pea Soup and Lobster Fra Diavalo. Just one cup before heading into harms way is good for hours of late night carousing. Lessons in Tactical Chemical Self Delivery using this well rounded mixture will be soon taught at both the SIG Academy and LFI. Why kill when you can make 'em gag! Cheaper than .380 ammo and all the DA will do is laugh as opposed to indict.

WilddangitshothereAlaska ™
Old June 9, 2009, 09:03 PM   #27
STAGE 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildalaska
I find that when I wear my Freddie Mercury garb and screech "Scaramouche Scaramouche will you do the Fandango" at anyone who approaches me whilst gyrating my hips causes most skells to run the other way
You owe me a new computer screen.
Old June 9, 2009, 09:12 PM   #28
Tucker 1371

Quote:
Good point Spiff...I find that when I wear my Freddie Mercury garb and screech "Scaramouche Scaramouche will you do the Fandango" at anyone who approaches me whilst gyrating my hips causes most skells to run the other way
Hello bad nightmares...

Seriously though... not a pretty mental image.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe
Old June 9, 2009, 11:58 PM   #29
Terry A

Quote:
2009-06-07, 01:43 AM #1
Kyo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this on THR.org but wanted opinions on here as well. This is Friday night/saturday morning at 2 am.

I went to see dance flick at midnight tonight with someone. When we came out of the side door at about 1:50 AM, we started walking towards my car, which is 4-5 lanes up from the main entrance, but right in front. As we are walking, some guy starts slowly walking towards us and then he says "Hey whats going on" like he knew us. He's interviewing us 10 seconds after we walked out. I noticed him from the start and kept staring at him as he kept getting closer. I switched positions with the girl as we got closer to the car.
I drive a Honda Civic. This is relevant because a civic alarm just like mine went off as the guy started walking towards us. I believe this was his friend in the background about 50 feet trying to cause a distraction. Well, it didn't work and I kept staring and moving. The thing that tipped me off was that the guy didn't even turn around for the alarm, and didn't look surprised, or didn't flinch. So I believe he was expecting it.
I am not sure what I did but at about 15 feet he just stopped. Maybe it was because I was staring at him, or maybe cause I was wearing a AK-78 russian shirt, or whatever, but he literally stopped in his tracks and watched as I opened the passenger door and then went around front to my side to leave. I confirmed I wasn't crazy with said passenger by asking if I was crazy or if that guy was casing us.
In the rear view I saw him go to his friend and stand around again.
So, in the five stages, this person was attempting to position for an attack in my view and stopped because he didn't like the risk for some reason.
Love my permit, love my gun. Didn't even have to reach for it. woot for scary faces. Thank GOD I didn't have to use it.
Kyo,
Good account of what could have turned out totally different had it happened to someone who was more attentive to anything else other than his surroundings. Not being paranoid, just vigilant. Good job.

A couple thoughts....this is good advice for anywhere, anytime, not just in the early AM hours. Leaving Church services on a Sunday morning and having the same people in that parking lot calls for the same actions. And having a gun and not needing it sure beats needing a gun and not having one. Who needs Xanax when you can have a Springfield Armory or Glock?
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "
Old June 11, 2009, 02:04 PM   #30
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetzakilla
Seriously? Dang! I've never seen a theatre that seats more than like 500 people, ever. You people grow 'em big out there.
Aint that the truth? We've a few that would be legal, but they're getting fewer and far between. Here's a typical one close to me.