The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 9, 2018, 09:19 PM   #1
roc1

Dan Wesson Valor Texas Edition

Thinking about getting a Valor in 45acp Commander size. Have 38 Super in Pointman great gun. Wondering if anyone had Valor in 45 and what is your take on it? Suppose to be top of line in Dan Wesson just wanted guys that have one take?
Thanks
Roc1
Old September 9, 2018, 11:57 PM   #2
Snuffy308

Have one in .45 which was marked as a blem. If the paperwork that came with the gun did not show the location of the blem I would have never found it. The serial number also denotes it as a blem if it makes any difference but it didn't to me. I don't sell or trade firearms. Purely cosmetic anyway. First 1911 I have gotten with bobbed grip. Excellent fit and finish for a production gun. Right up there with the semi customs. The trigger rivals the trigger on a Wilson CQB I have which cost 1k more than the valor. All steel makes it a little heavy for a commander sized pistol but I don't carry it except to the range. This does however make it a joy to shoot. If buying new shop around for a blem and easily save $200.
Old September 10, 2018, 12:36 AM   #3
Model12Win

They used to make them in black but now are only offered in either stainless or in a compact carry model. Shame.
Old September 10, 2018, 04:59 AM   #4
Nakanokalronin

It's not a Commander, but I stopped buying or even looking at other 1911s once I bought my Valor.
Not a single malfunction with at least 7 different brands of magazines and 8 different brands of 230gr.
ammo. I mention the weight since I only shoot 230gr. ammo in my 45acp firearms.
Old September 10, 2018, 06:10 AM   #5
roc1

They are beautiful well made guns for sure. I picked up a Dan Wesson beside a Les Baer and thought the Wesson was smoother and definitely a better deal by feel and price for sure. Beautiful pistol by the way. I only wish you could get blue model for me