The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 3, 2006, 09:13 AM   #1
.499 BigBore

EO-Tech VS Bushnell Holosight

I have both, they are made by the same company (confirmed by a phone conversation with factory rep.)

my question is this, does anyone here own both ? if yes.., are both the same brightness on the highest setting ?

my EO-Tech is very bright on bright sunny days.., that is a good thing !!

my Bushnell Holosight is so dim on the highest setting on bright sunny days that it is barely visible.., that is a bad thing !!

YES !!! i have changed the battries twice with fresh new ones and nothing changed, i called the company and the tech/rep i spoke to said send it in, i am hesitant to send it in because if the brightness setting is as good as it can be why waste 6 to 10 weeks without it ??

any advice or experience you have will be greatly appreciated

thank you
Old September 3, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Lycanthrope

I don't own both, but my Holosight has been identical in brightness to my friend's EOTech in sunlight. Even in brightest light I have never needed to set my Holo to the highest setting.
Old September 4, 2006, 08:34 AM   #3
.499 BigBore

thank you for the reply, for me that is good news as mine is nowhere that bright.., i would like to see more input from others to confirm that my Holosight is defective.

i already have 3 scopes in for repair and i only have my EO-Tech, Trijicon T-31 ACOG and C-More Railway.., plus many iron sights to use.