The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 10, 2018, 06:41 PM   #1
Todd Porter

sights for RIA compact

Hello to all, My son bought his first gun, a used RIA compact. I'd like to get some aftermarket site for it for his birthday, something like the truglo tritium sights. Does anyone have a recommendation for this type of site for this gun?
Old November 12, 2018, 09:56 PM   #2
cw308

RIA Compact is a nice EDC pistol , my take alittle break in but after should run pretty smooth . I also carry a compact 1911 3" in 45ACP the RI has the standard GI sights that are nice , my pistol has trench sights not the standard sights . Your Son might like CT Laser grips . This is the first time I had a sidearn with laser grips , I have other handguns I carried at work but this is the only pistol I shoot now , it is so much fun to shoot with the red dot my other guns hardly come out of the safe . My CT grips are all black , they do cost some but he will hopefully shoot more when it adds alittle fun to the mix . Hope I Helped in some way .

Chris
Old November 12, 2018, 10:47 PM   #3
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Rock Island sells their CS (Compact Size) pistols in two series: the GI Series, and the Rock Series. The sights are different for the two series, right down to the mounting, so before even thinking about recommendations we need to know what series pistol your son has.