The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 24, 2012, 12:58 AM   #1
youngunz4life

Cobra lifetime warranty//warranty stories

I just wanted to say that I took advantage of a warranty for the first time on any weapon....my saturday night special .38 cobra derringer

cobra has a lifetime warranty...I mailed the firearm thru UPS and paid a few dollars for the some odd hundred dollars insurance amount. I kept the receipt and before I had a chance even to miss the firearm the very next week it was delivered back to my home good as new. I was really surprised it came so quick. I had heard so many horror stories about getting guns back from various companies I almost thought maybe there had been a mistake(for a brief 2 seconds...when I went to fire it, it dry fired because the safety had been on). Thank You cobra I appreciated the turn-around time and fix. The weapon would never have had an issue if my bro-in-law wasn't clueless....
Old May 24, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Uncle Buck

Do you have an address/phone number for the company?

A few years ago I picked up a silly Cobra gun and ended up with a run-a-way pistol. I think the frame is still in the barn, but the other pieces I need to replace.

When I looked for info on the company, I could not get anything valid to come up. So there it sits.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Te Anau

http://www.cobrapistols.net/
Old May 24, 2012, 01:47 PM   #4
youngunz4life

straight from website(I emailed this to myself in march and am copying/pasting)

follow instructions and it is a done deal...I recommend fedex(ups was finnicky which was relly weird even though I had an unloaded gun and it was in the car while I went in to ask them if it was ok...I was sortof shocked really...he seemed like it was a personal decision and not company's protocol(he said he didnt want to be liable if it misfired???!!??)..anyways i respected his wishes and the lady at fedex helped me in five minutes and said she does it all the time):

Quote:
Cobra Derringers come with a factory direct lifetime warranty. It covers all owners of the firearm. If at anytime you are having any difficulties with your gun you may send it in for repair or service. All warranty claims should state the model and serial number of the firearm being sent in for service. Please enclose your name, physical address, and phone number. Federal Firearms license holders can ship thru the USPS. with proper paperwork. Individuals must ship via Federal Express or UPS priority overnight. NEVER ship ammunition with your gun when sending in for service or repair. We suggest that you insure when shipping. NEVER ship a loaded gun. Cobra Enterprises of Utah. Inc. will accept no responsibility for loss or damage in transit. Return shipping and insurance will be covered by Cobra Enterprises of Utah, Inc. Warranty Exclusions
Cobra Enterprises of Utah, Inc. will not be responsible for repair issues resulting from corrosion, abuse, neglect, ordinary wear and tear to the finish, or unreasonable use, disassembly of the gun beyond the instructions in this manual, unauthorized adjustments or modifications made, or careless handling or criminal misuse. Cobra Enterprises of Utah, Inc. reserves the right to determine what is normal wear and tear.
Send repair guns to:
Cobra Enterprises of Utah, Inc
1960 S Milestone Drive, Suite F
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Old June 1, 2012, 02:17 PM   #5
solidpvc

I have a cobra .38 derringer also. Bought new from a gun show. Fired it about 10 times over a year period. Took it out to the range one day and it wouldn't fire from the bottom chamber. It would dent the primer but wouldn't set the round off.

I called customer service (who was very helpful). I had some questions and asked to speak to a tech. The customer service woman (can't remember her name) put me through to a guy named Jake it think it was. He was very nice to talk to also. Gave him some info on the issue. He sent out some parts. Didn't fix the issue. Called back, same conversation as the first call, so he sent out some other parts and it was good as new.

I opted to have him send the parts to me because I had already taken the gun apart a few times and was comfortable replacing them and the closest fedex office was a 40 min drive.

Overall, the whole experience was very good. I feel that if I had sent my pistol in, the issue would have been taken care of quickly and sent back quickly just as well.

Tags
cobra , manufacturer , warranty