The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 31, 2005, 08:00 PM   #26
waltn

Holsters

Mitch Rosen is one of a handful of artists when it comes to holsters. There are only a few in his league. I have a trunk locker full of holsters over the last twenty years and to each his own. When I have a garage sale I will only have to advertise the holsters.

Milt Sparks, Kramer, Horseshoe Leather, Rosen, T. Rybka, Renegade and several others come to mind that are beyond extraordinary. I have waited over Six months for a custom holster and have never regretted it.

You pay for what you get. How much is your life worth?

Most of us purchase the gun but forget the Holster is VERY important as well as training and practice, practice.
Old April 4, 2005, 10:41 PM   #27
snacktrack

I ended up ordering a Safariland 561 belt holster for my 340PD. Havent gotten it yet, but they look pretty nice. Very light and thin. Anyone have one of these holsters?

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein
My band's website: daughter darling
Old April 5, 2005, 06:01 AM   #28
Billy Sparks

I have owned Milt Sparks, Krammer and Rosen holsters. The only reason I do not currently carry Rosen holsters is that I prefer the Bruce Nelson style OWB holster. What I mean by that is that the Rosen 5JR has that forward belt loop in front of the holster. For me that doesn't conceal as well.

I will admit that with Sparks, Krammer and Rosen you are paying some for the name but you are doing the same when you buy Sig, Colt, etc.
Old April 5, 2005, 04:56 PM   #29
Tom2

Still not a big diff?

I still payed appx the same or the same for my Rosens that the practically identical Galcos cost at the same dealer. I think he had Safarilands too. I used to like the Safari Klipspringers to snap onto my belt for range holsters. Liked the nice green lining too. This must be a matter of taste and a moot point as the name brands in the same price range above nylon and bargain basement are all good stuff.
Old April 5, 2005, 09:19 PM   #30
progunner1957

Take a look at Little Feather Leather

Little Feather Leather, www.littlefeatherleather.com makes custom and semi-custom holsters, slings, belts, knife sheaths, etc. that look to be of outstanding quality; seems like the prices are within reason, too.

Check 'em out!