The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 4, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Cowboy_mo

Beretta A300 Outlander

Hey guys, I purchased one of these a couple of months ago. Recently got to shoot 1 round of trap with it and noticed the stock LOP seemed a bit long for me. I love the way the gun patterned and functions, so no worries the book and the Beretta website says it is adjustable by changing the spacers.

My problem, I can't find any different spacers in the box.

The one spacer that was installed (between the stock and the recoil pad) is 1" thick.

Has anyone else purchased one of these and did yours contain multiple spacers of different thicknesses?

Before someone says "Call Beretta!", I plan to do that tomorrow but hope someone on here has some insight before I place the call. Thanks guys
Old September 4, 2013, 08:23 PM   #2
BigD_in_FL

Are you trying to hold it like you would an M4? (Many do); otherwise how are you determining that the stock is too long? It might be that or it might be your form and stance

Depending on the gun and its stock and grip format, I can shoot a gun with a LOP from 14 to 15-1/2
Old September 4, 2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Cowboy_mo

Never shot an M4 so don't think that is the problem.

With the current stock length, I have to move my left hand (the forward grip) back closer to the receiver than I hold the other shotguns I own and have shot previously.
Old September 5, 2013, 03:33 AM   #4
Orphanedcowboy

Re: Beretta A300 Outlander

Order the 1/2" spacer for the Extrema, it will work, although you may need to remove the dimples or open them up or you could order the 1" Limbsaver or Kick-Eze pad and eliminate the spacer altogether, that should drop the LOP by 1/2".
Old September 5, 2013, 10:17 AM   #5
Cowboy_mo

Talked to Beretta

It seems they offer different length spacers to alter the LOP but, the spacers must be purchased.

Beretta referred me to Brownells to order the part and it turned out the part is currently out of stock.

I went ahead and "backordered" to part and Brownells said it should ship by late September. I hope they are correct.
Old September 5, 2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Orphanedcowboy

The 5" Beretta recoil pad will be 1" to 1.1" thick and when the spacer is removed, give you a LOP approximately 1/2" shorter, no waiting if you have a Cabela's, Bass Pro, or other larger outdoor retailer locally.