The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old November 3, 2005, 11:42 PM   #1
billdeserthills

BEWARE-American Derringer

6 Months ago I sent a money order to American Derringer to buy a set of Ivory Grips for my M-4 45/410 Derringer. I never received the grips, made call after call, mailed letter after letter. Every time I reached someone on the phone, they'd say "I'll send your grips right out" ...bet you can guess what did happen- Nothing!
Old November 3, 2005, 11:57 PM   #2
LHB1

That sounds like fraud. If you mailed the money order then the Post Office is involved. Contact the local US Postal Inspector for help. I had problems with a NY camera store many years ago. They sent me a defective USED lens instead of the new lens I had ordered and paid for. Then they stonewalled me, hung up on me, etc. After the PO Inspector talked to them, the camera store called me with dripping sweet tones and shipped me a brand new lens instantly. Told me to just throw the other lens away BUT PLEASE tell the PO Inspector that they had resolved my problem. The Inspector threatened to shut them down if they didn't resolve the issue forthwith to MY satisfaction. Don't know how well that works these days but it might be worth a try. Good Luck!

Good shooting and be safe.
LB