The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 20, 2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Red Wiggler

Did they quit making bullseye powder ?

Of coarse the title of the thread is just a joke but I checked several big supplyer's today and everyone was out . Checked local sources and no luck again ! Anyone know who has any ?
Wiggler
Old January 20, 2014, 06:01 PM   #2
jepp2

When I searched using the "reloading powder bot" none was listed. On GB there is one auction for 1 pound.
Old January 20, 2014, 06:22 PM   #3
BOOMST1CK

The only powder I can get right now is local, and the choices are slim. One LGS wants $36 for a pound. The other store is reasonable at $22 a pound, but neither has any real choices. I have managed to pick up some longshot, and imr/4227. Online sites usually just have "out of stock" on almost all there powder.
Old January 20, 2014, 06:40 PM   #4
gspman

try red dot.seems i can find it easier than bullseye. seems very close to bullseye in performance.use it in 45acp.GSPMAN
Old January 20, 2014, 06:59 PM   #5
jag2

I have read, and I hope it is true, that the powder people were busy making rifle and shotgun powder but now that most of the hunting seasons are over they will get back to pistol powders so it should get better. Like I said, I hope it is true.
Old January 20, 2014, 07:10 PM   #6
jwrowland77

Don't know about online, but there was a bunch of it at a store I went to on Saturday.
Old January 20, 2014, 08:54 PM   #7
adrians

Don't know about online, but there was a bunch of it at a store I went to on Saturday,,, jwrowland77,,,

Hey jw , where were you at ?.

I'm up here in MT View and my stock of BE and RD are getting mighty slim.
Old January 20, 2014, 09:14 PM   #8
Red Wiggler

GSPMAN I'll check on the Red Dot but sure would like to find Bullseye . Just hard to figure out why there is so little available .
Old January 20, 2014, 09:18 PM   #9
precision_shooter

Down in my neck of the woods, you can't find anything except a few rifle powders, and those are usually ones that don't sell that many like H50BMG or RL25, and other powders for large magnum cartridges. Looking for Pistol powder is like tryng to for a unicorn flying in a rainbow...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old January 20, 2014, 09:57 PM   #10
mikejonestkd

I was talking with the manager of a major dealer near me ( the largest dealer in western NY), and i asked about alliant powders. He mentioned that the Alliant rep hasn't even returned phone calls from them in 6 months.
Lots of powders are becoming more available, but Bullseye, Unique, Red Dot and Power pistol are still very rare around here.
Old January 21, 2014, 10:53 AM   #11
burninghXcsoul

Cabelas in Hamburg PA a couple of weeks ago had some Unique. First pistol powder I had found in awhile.