The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 16, 2014, 03:13 PM   #26
BuckRub

may be good exercise to not have one. it may do some us good to bend over about 100 times. Go to the store and get some spandex shorts and dont wear a shirt and shoot and bend over to pick up brass. A real exercise program. I bet you get some looks. hahaha
Old January 17, 2014, 05:21 AM   #27
GeauxTigers

I've used one for years on pecans, ill have to give it a try on brass now. I'm tired of duck walking the firing line picking up my brass after a round of shooting. This ought to help. Thanks!
Old January 18, 2014, 06:32 PM   #28
LarryFlew

Have had one for 4 years and tried on nearly every surface. Only problem is when there is dirt and some scattered rocks so you are also picking up some rocks. If you try too many at a time it may lose a few in small calibers like 9mm. I use my hand to do the drop as I have seen too many guys put an irreparable bend in them when using the bent wire bucket drop.
Old January 19, 2014, 11:01 AM   #29
Oath Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Guffey View Post
Yes I have, my wife and I have matching sets, we use them to picking up pecans.

Then there are magnets, I threw away a set the other day, I took the micro wave apart, I needed one part, the replacement part cost $125.00, A new Microwave cost $155.00.

Then there were the magnets, permanent magnets in the magnetron . I had one of those moments and then decided to place the micro wave on the curb. I have a magna flux machine, not easy to look cool fighting that machine for small parts.

I have two air conditioner clutches for sale, not included are the electro 12 volt magnets. Been thinking again, I could add a handle with a 12 volt source and pick up bolts, nuts, screws, washers etc..

F. Guffey
Why not do this? A simple electro magnet is easy to make. We've all done it in grade school right?
Old January 19, 2014, 03:20 PM   #30
Snyper

Quote:
we have tried everything we can to speed up the processes that take place while not shooting, including getting one of these. It wound up being a time drain instead of a time saver for outdoor shooting.
I used to shoot in some places where tall grass made it hard to find brass.

I started taking a small tarp, and I'd spread it where most of the brass was being tossed, which with some guns is very consistant
Old January 21, 2014, 10:48 PM   #31
Elkins45

Quote:
Why not do this? A simple electro magnet is easy to make. We've all done it in grade school right?
Brass is a non-ferrous metal, and as such it is not attracted to a magnet.