The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old August 17, 2014, 06:25 PM   #1
CommissarHark

AA9130 stock problems.

So I have the Promag AA9130 stock for my Mosin 91/30. I'm trying to make a scout rifle out of all of it, and because of that I wanted to use the VTAC two point sling, as a pseudo ching-sling. I picked up a pair of UTG QD sling mounts to use with the stocks molded mounting points but I have run into a problem. The molding is not that amazing and the rearmost sling point keeps popping off. Mind you this happened with only the stock and none of the other weight that it would have to keep on it, and ended up almost breaking my wife's foot. So now I have two choices. Choice one is return it, Promag has said they will replace the stock, however I'll have to cover shipping but they'll reimburse me with $50 of magazines. Only problem with this is that I don't really need anymore magazines for the gun so I don't really see the point in that as a good reimbursement. Choice two is epoxy the QD mounts into the molded hard-points and make them permanent sling attachment points. Only problem is my uncle told me using Epoxy on polymer may not work that well, but I don't really know anything about that. So which do you think is the better choice? Questions, comments, etc are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Tags
aa9130 , epoxy , mosin nagant , promag , scout rifle